Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR

JDM B18C struggling and little backfire

Hi,

My car with B18C is currently stuggling (kinda choking splut splut splut etc. noise from the engine & exhaust on cold start up) when I change gears from 2nd to third, or third to fourth etc before 3000rpms and struggles 3-4 times more than before. After 3000-4000rpms, car seems to pick up again. Sounds kinda like a bad air/fuel mixture, bad tuned car or car with harder cams. This is usually a smooth gear change & a smooth ride but now a disaster. You can also hear the exhaust choking a tiny bit (not running smooth like before) and the whole car wobbles a little when doing the gear changes. Idle is smooth and stays constant and NOT reving all over the place. Well some mechanics has said that if its electrical, the car wont start (not sure if its electrical).

VTEC is ok. No CEL values.

Since this, I have changed:

• Spark Plugs - bought new spark plugs - no difference
    • Spark Leads - tested with a mates NGK spark leads - no difference
    • Changed to Walbro Fuel Pump - no difference
    • Change fuel tank - air gunned fuel line from fuel tank to fuel filter to clean rust particles- no difference
    • Change to new Oil Filter - no difference
    • inspected and tested Distributor - tested to OEM manual specs (ICM etc) - no difference
    • New Toda Timing belt set correct - timing set when engine was out. - no deifference
    • Change New Fuel Filter - no difference
    • Change/flush Honda FEO Motor oil - no difference

All fuses checked (underdash & under bonnet) - All working order

What else could be the problem?

O2 Sensor?
    Coolant Sensor?
    Clogged up injectors?
    Fuel Pressue regulator faulty?
    TPS?
    FITV?
    Last edited by zropts; 27-09-2010 at 10:27 AM.