Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So far, I still don't have any problem with my CVT but it's not as smooth as I thought I would be

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    Does Jazz got any potential at all?
    pm sent

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ VTI-S & 06 CIVIC VTI
    Quote Originally Posted by terris08
    So far, I still don't have any problem with my CVT but it's not as smooth as I thought I would be
    i have the same issue as u, that's y i've been asked them to change the cvt gear box oil when i done 20000km

which is better after the oil change....

Quote Originally Posted by brightboyfree
    i have the same issue as u, that's y i've been asked them to change the cvt gear box oil when i done 20000km

which is better after the oil change....
    It is the most obvious sspecially when you suddenly remove your foot from the acceleration pedal. It has the sort of engine break effect which suddenly slow down your car and if you depress the pedal again, it then suddenly 'rock' to accelerate again....

So uncomfortable when attending early lectures and stuck in the traffic in which you have to run the car at low speed and start-stop all the time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi 2004
    It is the most obvious sspecially when you suddenly remove your foot from the acceleration pedal. It has the sort of engine break effect which suddenly slow down your car and if you depress the pedal again, it then suddenly 'rock' to accelerate again....

So uncomfortable when attending early lectures and stuck in the traffic in which you have to run the car at low speed and start-stop all the time.
    If u found this happen in a auto Jazz, i think that is normal as another other auto car. Coz' when u are driving in high speed, and suddenly release the acceleration pedal, the computer will help u to change to a lower gear. so u will feel a "sort of engine break effect". Then u press the acceleration pedal again, because the car is still in lower gear, so it give more power to go forward, and it let u feel "suddenly 'rock' to accelerate again"!!

Yes! Jazz is more sensitive then others! i found it change to lower gear faster then other auto car! Sometime it let me feel uncomfortable either!

Acutally, this is the different between driving auto and manual. You can let the auto to change gear (to get more power) by release and then press the acceleration pedal again.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    edited title to reflect on idea of topic.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Yeah I heard there are some problems with the CVT while I was oversea.

my friend had to change his Jazz wheel bearing only after 60,000kms
    but all cover by warranty hehe.

Oh, I guess not that serious with mine....just a little bit not too smooth, that's all I feel

Smile change the cvt gear box oil

Which oil do u use?? Original Honda??? I found out that with Honda Civic CVT, normal dexron III can actually be used for the Civic CVT instead of the original Honda oil. So what i am thinking why not for Jazz??? Should be the same, both CVT. If can use, then it would be nice cos there are many fully synthetic dexron III gear box oil around.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Oh, I guess not that serious with mine....just a little bit not too smooth, that's all I feel

Not so smooth as in you can feel the gear change or not smooth as in when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal?

Like I said in one of the thread, I am experiencing this funny noise when in "R" gear when the engine is hot... Getting this looked at Thursday and see what they say. It could be I am a bit over-sensitive..

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Found out that the noise is characteristic of the CVT reverse gear... I am still a bit doubt about it as I can hear some occational squeak noise in reverse gear... Anyway, I am waiting for it to become more constant before I take it back to Honda.

One question though.. I know the red line is at 6500rpm and the car is designed to be rev (vtec) and redlining. I understand that Honda wouldn't have set the redline at 6500rpm if the car is not capable of... BUT... if rev too much between 3500rpm - 6000rpm, will it shorten the life of the tranny or develop more problems with the engine?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    C&J
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLing
    If u found this happen in a auto Jazz, i think that is normal as another other auto car. Coz' when u are driving in high speed, and suddenly release the acceleration pedal, the computer will help u to change to a lower gear. so u will feel a "sort of engine break effect". Then u press the acceleration pedal again, because the car is still in lower gear, so it give more power to go forward, and it let u feel "suddenly 'rock' to accelerate again"!!

Yes! Jazz is more sensitive then others! i found it change to lower gear faster then other auto car! Sometime it let me feel uncomfortable either!

Acutally, this is the different between driving auto and manual. You can let the auto to change gear (to get more power) by release and then press the acceleration pedal again.

but it happens on me even only 20km/h...........