Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Yup.. agree with you Mr Zimp13..

The only problem is that (if I am not mistaken), in the manual cleary stated and also Honda is stating that if you use any ATF other than Honda one, they will void the warranty .. whereas with engine oil, they are not that fuss if you use same grade synthetic oil... If anyone is happy to take the risk, they are most welcome to use non-Honda oil.. I am not willing to take the risk.

That's why Castrol is backing out as stated by ACE888.. you are right.. no one wants to take responsibility.. even the oil company..

I was interested in using Castrol Transmax Z ATF (synthetic and Dex III complied) instead of Honda OEM ATF so I contacted Castrol. They advised me they would not recommend Transmaz Z and told me to use Honda ATF.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    had mine almost 3 years now. Has not missed a beat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andys
    Haven't you guys seen VTEC Club Vol 1 where Mr Ishichima says Honda fluids are OK?

Seriously though, isn't the Honda ATF just fine? They developed the CVT specifically to be compatible with the existing Honda ATF which is actually good quality.

I think if you want to baby your car, just change it more frequently than the manual specifies (a whopping 80,000km)

- Andrew
    80,000km isn't that long. The interval on the ATF on a Ford Falcon is 300,000km. Mind you the oil changes are also only every 20,000km/12 months. Despite this the annual service at Ford costs what 2 services at Honda cost per year.

From what I have read most of the people who have had CVT problems overseas didn't use Honda fluid. Trying other fluids in direct contradiction with the Honda manual seems a very expensive way to try and gain performance. I'd personally rather reliability and can do without a $,$$$ bill.

Honda has tested it. They know it works. Most manufacturers do artificial aged analysis in pre production testing to simulate wear.

so why Honda use one same ATF for all of its automatic and even CVT transmission? One for all????

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    coz its good?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    so why Honda use one same ATF for all of its automatic and even CVT transmission? One for all????
    Have a look here. You'll see there is not just one real Honda transmission fluid. http://www.honda.co.jp/parts/hop/oil/fluid.html#trans

I'd say the new Honda Ultra Multimatic Fluid would be good for the CVT.

It raises the question why does Honda Australia not provide the proper range of Honda Oils & Fluids?

Mind you these are the same people who rejected bringing in the real Type R integra when the current model was released and rebadged the Type S as an R. Show Honda Australia the aRSe. Honda Australia is the only reason we don't get true JDM product (Honda Japan is always willing to give us the real deal).

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    I get 'creaking' noises when i turn into driveways in an angle or any humps.
    But happen after i upgrade suspension. Is this due to hardening suspension and bending the body??

Can braces fix this? I.e the strut tower/ lower arm brace and rear upper/lower strut brace etc??

The 'creak' noise i really hate, seem like car coming apart...
    Sorry to dig up an old thread..

I just purchased a 2nd hand 2003 Jazz VTIS and have also noticed the above, the rear suspension makes a loud creaking noise every time I enter and exit my drive way. The suspension is standard.

Anyone have any ideas of what might be the problem or any solutions??

Cheers
    Last edited by 3lusive; 02-07-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinthai View Post
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92468

please do a search.. covered before
    That's not the same problem

its shouldent be the rear suspension. Given the age i would rather put it as the rear wheel bearing. How many KM have it done?

Unless of course you break the suspension. Give it a check

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Jazz VTi, '00 RD1 CRV
    Mine has done this too and its barely a year old...
    '91 CB7 Accord EXi (my first Honda)
    '07 GD3 Jazz VTi (mine)
    '00 RD1 CR-V Sport (wife's truck)

Starting a peition to fix wheel bearing once and for all