Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra GSI

GSI vtec conversion

i have just bought a blue 1996 honda integra GSI with high km for my second car (i think the former owner might be a member because it already had a oz honda sticker on it) and i was wondering how much B18 vtec half cut would cost, and is it a fairly simple converstion because im going to do i myself becasue im a 1st year apprentice and dont have much cash

all your answers are here mate

click

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra GSI
    have done that not much comes up and when it does its a bit vague. just would like a straight forward answer

then ring up some wreckers directly?

or people who sell engines if you want direct answer.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra GSI
    have done that but most don't stock them and the only one who did wanted 6-7 grand for one.... maybe ill have to do some more ringing around. thanks anyway mate

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Usually you can find engines from ebay sellers/stores.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-INTEGRA...item2eaff075dc

B18C's are usually around the $3000 mark.

For an engine conversion, I guess you could say it's simple as it will fit straight in, however you will need the ECU and possibly wiring harness for it. (In a lot of cases this comes with the motor though)

Do bare in mind that an engine conversion is a pretty big job and if you've never done it before it's a good idea to get some assistance from someone who has, or use an engine transplant guide. (The service manual I downloaded for DC2's has a guide in it, not sure but I think it's a Helms manual)

Good luck!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra GSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Usually you can find engines from ebay sellers/stores.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-INTEGRA...item2eaff075dc

B18C's are usually around the $3000 mark.

For an engine conversion, I guess you could say it's simple as it will fit straight in, however you will need the ECU and possibly wiring harness for it. (In a lot of cases this comes with the motor though)

Do bare in mind that an engine conversion is a pretty big job and if you've never done it before it's a good idea to get some assistance from someone who has, or use an engine transplant guide. (The service manual I downloaded for DC2's has a guide in it, not sure but I think it's a Helms manual)

Good luck!
    yeah i know i gotta get the ECU and wiring harness, and i want a half cut just because i get all all the wireing and the ECU plus have some spares, and iv got some exprence with engines and cars and my dad knows what he is doing as well plus one of my mates is planing to do the a H22a converstion on his prelude so ill have a idea of what im doing

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra GSI
    Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    first of all, what is ur budget?
    about the 3 grand...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ok sounds pretty good then.

good luck and most importantly have fun
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    sell the gsi and buy a vtir man. theyre not much difference in price. some times the same price
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    B18 Vtec : $3500-4500
    B18 TYPE R : $5000 - 7000 (seen mint ones for about $8500 even)
    B16 Vtec (also fits) : $1500-2200 u can get a nice half cut

I havent checked in a while but a few months ago i got g'd up to go vtec then changed my mind again lol this is what i remember