Newcomer Array
    Car:
    None :(

how to install type r side decal

hi guys, just purchased a OEM type r side decal for my car. Just wondering if anyone can help me on how to stick the decal on, as there were no instructions included in the package. I've done some research and they said i need to wet the decal paper with soapy water when sticking it on but im not sure. Help?

ive never put a decal on before but im pretty sure u just clean the surface u want it on, and then wet it and place the sticker on top. after that i think you just push the exess water out and it should stick. a hairdryer helps aswell but im no expert

clean, measure and stick. dont put water. this sticker has adhesive on it.

u only get one chance, so measure it right and stick it right. obviosuly get it lined up and progressively stick it on, ensuring all air bubbles are taken care of in the process.
    Last edited by SiReal; 18-09-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    ive never put a decal on before but im pretty sure u just clean the surface u want it on, and then wet it and place the sticker on top. after that i think you just push the exess water out and it should stick. a hairdryer helps aswell but im no expert
    That's wha ti've heard as well. The sticker is mroe adjustable that way after u place it on

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    definately wet it every time with soapy water even with cheap decals let alone oem decals that cost a fortune

you should mark out the position with masking tape 1st so that you have a straight reference point to start off with, spray soapy water on area then place decal on it. Stand back and do a final visual check before pressing out the moisture with a signwritier's squeeze blade or a credit card

Are you guys kidding me? There is no need to wet it or do measurment on OEM Honda decal.

If you do get the OEM type R decal, you shall figure out the way to apply it. The backing of the decal is the template to guide you where to position and apply on your car. If you look at the backing of the decal, it shall have triangle cut out groove that you have to position it to line up with your panel line of your car body.