Park brake not holding

I recently machined the rear rotors and replaced the rear pads on my car.
    I usually park my car leaving it 1st/Reverse gear and use hand brake.
    Recently i noticed using my hand brake alone will not hold my car even on the slightest
    of inclines/declines. I have adjusted the hand brake cable under the centre console to no avail. Anyone got any ideas? I can now only assume the cable is stretched and needs replacing but i rarely rely on hand brake alone when parking my car (so i doubt its the cable) so could i just be missing some small step in adjusting it?

Any pointers appreciated
    (2005 Accord euro manual)

is there an adjuster on the hat of the rear disc? Not too familiar with Euro's (only worked on a few of them) but alot of cars have an adjustment under the centre console as you said and also at the park brake mechanism itself behind the disc. With the wheel off, there may be a small round rubber grommet that can be removed with a flat blade screwdriver. Spin the dosc slowly around, looking in the hole for a spindle wheel, this needs to be adjusted to tighten the park brake.
    Note, it is important that you back off the cable at the centre console. So procedure goes: Back off centre console cable-->adjust at rear-->re-adjust centre console to suit.

As I said, this may not be the case with the Euro, but hopefully it sheds some light.

Quote Originally Posted by nathg View Post
    is there an adjuster on the hat of the rear disc? Not too familiar with Euro's (only worked on a few of them) but alot of cars have an adjustment under the centre console as you said and also at the park brake mechanism itself behind the disc. With the wheel off, there may be a small round rubber grommet that can be removed with a flat blade screwdriver. Spin the dosc slowly around, looking in the hole for a spindle wheel, this needs to be adjusted to tighten the park brake.
    Note, it is important that you back off the cable at the centre console. So procedure goes: Back off centre console cable-->adjust at rear-->re-adjust centre console to suit.

As I said, this may not be the case with the Euro, but hopefully it sheds some light.
    I don't think you can adjust the park brakes at the wheels on a euro. Anyone beg to differ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    all Honda's should have 2 adjustment points
    rear disk hub both sides and center console but to do it correctly both would need adjustment, time consuming just take it to a mech
    Why hello there