Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

CIVIC EK4/EK9 VS TOYOTA AE111 Levin BZR

Im having a discussion with my mate about which is better and faster and has a more variety of brand parts to buy from. he wants to buy a AE111 BZR and his reason was because there faster and qiucker than my or other EK4/9 out there.

and to back his reason up, he showed me this youtube clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5le-OcHFt0

and i was honestly suprised the AE111 beat the EK.

so im not sure which is actually better :S

in terms on looks, i reckin the ek4/9 shits on the bzr !

I WANA HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ! which is better overall

VS.

Last edited by davidvtec; 19-09-2010 at 10:48 PM.

it was only the b16a though. doesn't surprise me. b16b prob would of beat it. or a b18c. But anyway, i would guess that aftermarket support for the EK would be a lot bigger than the AE111. But the AE111 would be a rarer car too see in Aus which is a always good to see. Plenty of EK's out there so i guess to stand out a little bit, get the AE. EK looks a lot better though imo but then i am Biased
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

AE111>EK9

They're quicker, better engine, rarer and unique.

Only the Honda Fanboys will say otherwise, and that's obviously who this thread is appealing to being in a forum like this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r CW
    Id take the AE111 over a ek4 but i like the look of the ek9 better.

wow im suprised you guys prefer the AE111 ! altho they are really overpriced these days so maybe thats why we rarely see them, especially the ones with sunroof are probably 11k + D: i guess my mate probably was right about the BZRs, damn !

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    EK has more styling ..
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    lol i grew up in nz so lookin at a AE111 aint much chop show me one with a turbo sitting out the bonnet like i seen in christchurch legally driving around, then i'll be impressed lol

honestly most of the EK's are trashed around here if theyre costing the same price get the toyota, all comes down to what you want out of it...
    both are mildly aggressive lookin cars in standard form just takes rims and a set of wing lifters to change that with a EK9 though...

cams in a B series is a alot of fun though, more parts readily available.... do some research make ur AE111 the head turner build and soon enough
    might have everyone doing the same...
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    lol i grew up in nz so lookin at a AE111 aint much chop show me one with a turbo sitting out the bonnet like i seen in christchurch legally driving around, then i'll be impressed lol

honestly most of the EK's are trashed around here if theyre costing the same price get the toyota, all comes down to what you want out of it...
    both are mildly aggressive lookin cars in standard form just takes rims and a set of wing lifters to change that with a EK9 though...

cams in a B series is a alot of fun though, more parts readily available.... do some research make ur AE111 the head turner build and soon enough
    might have everyone doing the same...
    i agree with you Rivera, hondas these days are getin thrashed to the days haha, and the toyotas are a rare car and kept sensibly (Y) i gota admit, ever since the turbo law came out here, vtec cars became so much more popular evn the lebos are driving it to replace there rexii's hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Just to throw fuel to the fire, how about pulsar VZ-R? its faster than ek9, more power, same weight

ae111 hands down, factory itbs make it that more appealing over ek9, appearance wise, both are quite good looker, so its up to what u call is good looking, both are equally good on the track and, ek9's are rare, and not talking about the rebirths as ek1's, but rego as ek9, so really both are rare lol

part wise, rare as! importing parts is only the real way as my brothers mate has one, but ae101
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

hey ive never seen a pulsar VZ-R rollin in NSW before ! but importing one would be a hassle.. and expensive..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    well not expensive, around the 10-13k mark, give or take, there were a few imported in aus already, they are available for import since 07 or 08, but very few ppl know of them, and there potential... but same said with ae111
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC