Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

Buddyclub N+ coilover height adjustment woes :(

Hey guys, thought I'd try installing my coilovers myself over the weekend as I thought it would be a great learning experience, however I ran into a few problems while attempting to adjust the height of the car.

I seemed to have damaged some of the threads in the lower coilover holder thing (I'm not sure of the exact name, if someone could tell me that would be great!). I have attached a picture highlighting the part of the coilover I am talking about:

Can this part be purchased individually? or perhaps I can get it re-threaded?

Also, with regards to adjusting the height, am I correct in saying that you move this red thing up and down the threads to adjust how long the coilover is? (not touching the springs)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. If any of you are curious.. this is why I needed to raise my car

Last edited by Simonnn; 19-09-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Here is a diy of N+ from tsxclub.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...coilovers.html

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Thanks for the reply, that was actually the DIY I was following to adjust the coilover height (Also used another one from TSXClub to install the coilovers too). I twisted the threaded part counter clockwise too much and it fell out of the red holder thingy (also damaging the top threads).

So now the minimum distance between the top of the threaded part and the top of the red thing is 14mm or so (meaning that I cant lower the car, but can raise it AFAIK). This is assuming that the length of the coilover is dependant on the position of the red thing. Will the coilover be ok if I just leave it at this height?

Yes, I am a noob for twisting it too much.. but I guess we all learn from our mistakes

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux
    idk about you guys. but i twisted the part he highlighted up (counter clockwise) and i lowered the car and it wasnt any lower. --'
    mind u i have BC. lol
    8===D

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    You can twist the red thing coutner clockwise if the coilovers aren't on your car, that will adjust the height. However, going counter clockwise actually extends the length of the coils, making the car sit higher up.

However, if the coilovers are already on your car, you have to twist the threaded part of the coilover (clockwise to lower, anticlockwise to raise). This is because the red thing is locked by a 14mm screw, which is held by the suspension forks (held by a 17mm screw/nut).

This is how I understand it, and am not 100% sure if it is correct (obviously, since i'm asking these questions in the thread!)

I have pulled the suspension apart about 10 times this weekend and it is driving me insane!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    That was exactly what i was doing while the suspension was on the car with the C spanner/wrench.. however did it too much while trying to raise the car. Thanks for the reference though!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I have since got the issue fixed (retapped the red thing), car is raised a bit now, thanks for the input guys!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    pics k go