Member Array

GSI - Bad Fuel Eco

hi,
    can anyone help me with this Q's
    after my service - my car fuel eco has become bad, from cold start my rpms starts @ 1,700 and then drops until 900ish, but on Drive the car is @ 750 mark, which is normal

i was getting 400kms per tank / its at 200-250 atm - normal driving / freeway
    what i did recently the service was, castrol oil, oil filter and Spark plus ( ZFR5FIX-11 )
    Honda Integra Gsi - 97 model auto

Member Array
    would resetting the ECU (ECM) ? will this fix the problem ?

is this how it done

step 1: take your car for a drive to get the motor to operating temperature.
    step 2: take your car home, and take the fuse for the ecu out. . wait 15 minutes.
    step 3: put the fuse back in.
    step 4: turn the car on. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. GIVE IT NO GAS. let the car idle for roughly 15 minutes, or until the car is idling smooth at lower rpm's.
    step 5: turn the ignition off. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE KEY. immediately turn the ignition back on after you have gone to full off. this will store the new settings your ecu has made.
    These steps will properly reset your ecu. After they are accomplished go do whatever, the new settings have been stored.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    yehh i was getting the same problem as you mate....after i resetted the ecu my car was getting much better mileage
    im getting around the 560km mark now and freeway getting around 690km
    it may/may not work for you not sure
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    what weight oil are you using? the heavier the weight the more stress on the motor = bad fuel millage.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by integragsi96 View Post
    yehh i was getting the same problem as you mate....after i resetted the ecu my car was getting much better mileage
    im getting around the 560km mark now and freeway getting around 690km
    it may/may not work for you not sure
    how do you get 560km from a 50litre tank ? when does the petrol light come on?
    i get 375km wen my light goes on. then can push another 75kms and wen i refill i pour in around 46 litres.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    oil grade is 5w -30, i cleaned my iacv - would this cause more air into my intake - to mix with fuel?
    before service, 10L per 100kms
    [after service with problem (before ecu reset - 20L per 100kms .. ) waiting for results over the next week
    Last edited by CaP; 21-09-2010 at 11:29 AM.