Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Euro CL9

Vibration at 80kmph upwards??

Hi, Im new to Ozhonda and been an Accord Euro 04 owner for 2 months now.

I recently changed from stock rims to 18" Lenso D1R's running on Altenzo 225/40 tyres.
    I love the rims but since ive changed it ive had problems with vibrations when i reach 80kmph, its pretty bad at 100kmph on the Freeway!!!!!
    I have taken it back to tyre shop, they balanced it. It still there.
    Then I have taken it to Bob Jane T-Marts & they balanced & aligned my wheels. The car drives well under 70kmph, but the Vibrations are still there above 80kmph and even worse at 100kmph.

Has anyone had this issue or heard of it please?? its driving me crazy!! Im taking it back to the tyre shop again in a few days but I dont think they know whats wrong with it either.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    um wheel hubs you got any on them wheels?
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Euro CL9
    Hi, Yes, they put hub rings on when I took it back the first time, they balanced the second time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    cause usually its just the wheel hub rings not being inserted or theres something wrong with the rings. another area could be the wheel bearings ? and just double check that the wheels are put on properly and screwed properly, thats all i can think of right now.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux
    common issue with o4 euro sadly.
    i think it was braXta had posted a thread with solution which was about $250 a corner.
    something with the drivetrain or something or other.
    post pics of your euro with d1rs please.
    8===D

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Euro CL9
    Cheers, i was able to check out BraXta's thread on shaking. I hope its not that cause it looks costly. I cant understand, the shaking & vibrating started on my drive back from the wheel place. The car was smooth prior to this.
    "mattchuej8" I will post a pic when i figure out how, lol. It looks good but needs lowering. I need to get this Vibration issue sorted first.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux
    oh well in that case. it might be something else if youve never had it before. unfortunately for me mines always been around --' ill need to do braxta fix when i get some money.
    use photobucket or something to upload ur pic. it will give u a link that starts with [IMG] copy and paste that link here and it will be shown as a pic. gl
    8===D

Perhaps wrong rim and nut combination?

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 FN2R
    check your tyre size as well... especially the width, i ran 205/60/15 on 15x6.5 rims and it had the same issues as urs, after changing to 195/55/15, smooth as.....

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    is it the front wheels that are vibrating? if so, jack the car up and shake the wheel that you think the vibration is coming from, if it moves left and right. its probably your lower arm bushings.
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    have you tried putting your stock wheels back on and going on the freeway again to see if the vibration still exists?
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I notice that more now since I have put 20's on my euro. It was still there with the stock rims just didn't notice it as much