anyone know the offset for EG

Banned Array
    i measured my stock crx rim (no tyres)
    and it was.....

14x6

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    i have 17 x 7" wheels on my EG and they fit fine. no rubbing except the front becuse its so low but hey it's worth it cuz it looks phat!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    By TOTAL diameter, would they include the tyre as well? That would make sense, as I am sure an uncalibrated speedo would be defectable.

Its like determining legal ride height, everyone has heard something different.

Don't drive like an idiot and you'll never get pulled over...or get 17's that look like 16's (DAMMIT!)
    Too old for bodykits

yea
    rolling diameter = total diameter including tyre sidewalls

main reason i wanna stay in legal limits are incase of an accident and need to make a claim

insurance can void policy if your vehicle is not roadworthy which includes larger rims

As quoted by NRMA

1994 Civic GLi - No limit on how large the rim diameter can be but tyre width must not be more than 6".

I've only found Simmons who manufacture 17's with 6" wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by berniebern
    As quoted by NRMA

1994 Civic GLi - No limit on how large the rim diameter can be but tyre width must not be more than 6".
    according to the RTA road standards that's incorrect. I strongly suggest you check again. Were you quoted over the phone by a "consultant" on $30k/ann.? I too have been quoted just about every variant/interpretation of these laws under the sun by different insurance companies and call centre staff. www.rta.nsw.gov.au <---the only place u should check for concrete info. hope that helps.

Banned Array
    how would u guys measure the actual width of rim ?
    would u measure it without a tyre??
    and teh full left from one end to the other?

because 5inch is pretty damn thin, when i measured my stock crx wheel
    it was 14 x 6inches wide ??

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    Quote Originally Posted by berniebern
    As quoted by NRMA

according to the RTA road standards that's incorrect. I strongly suggest you check again. Were you quoted over the phone by a "consultant" on $30k/ann.? I too have been quoted just about every variant/interpretation of these laws under the sun by different insurance companies and call centre staff. www.rta.nsw.gov.au <---the only place u should check for concrete info. hope that helps.
    Was only quoting what NRMA say I can have, not the law. I could obviously have larger wheels, which are legal, but risk not being insured.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi
    Everyones said it but my EG came wit 14's n now im rollin' on 17's n never had a prob..

Quote Originally Posted by Charcoalcivic
    Everyones said it but my EG came wit 14's n now im rollin' on 17's n never had a prob..
    i never said it wont fit
    but have 17" even with 40 series tyres will be illegal in NSW