Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda

dc2r: what oil should I use?

hi guys, I've recently bought myself a black 2000 dc2r and the car is due to service soon (125,000km). I've been researching on what oil to use and now it comes to Castrol EDGE sport 5w-30 or Motul 8100 X-CESS 5W40. Which Oil would you guys recommend me and why.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    ive been using motul X-CESS 8100 in my 2000 model type R ever since i bought it like 2 years ago and it has been working perfectly for me .... have had no engine problems and it runs smooth as...
    and id recommend it.
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    Castrol has been used by many owners and do recommend it for the price (when on sale), but cant go wrong with OEM oil, was using OEM everything from day 1 since i bought it to when i sold it, had no troubles at all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Hey can you try the new OEM 100% synthetic stuff thats just come out, I just recently tried motul 300V 5w-40 but am interested in how this new OEM goes. Although they do recommend it to be used in 2001 and up vehicles.

honda oem fully synth is around 65-70 bucks dude so factor that in. I use Castrol Edge 5W-30 and never had a problem

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Fairly sure 5-W40/10-W40 is slightly better for protection, 5-W30/10-W30 is very slightly better for economy. Both have effectively the same performance, for what "performance" oil gives you if you know what I mean. (in other words you don't actually gain power from different oils)

But I guess what it really comes down to is the temperature conditions, as the numbers represent the temperature range it's designed to operate in.

-ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I'm probably retarded and spend a bit too much, but I use Motul Chrono 300V 10W-40.. I don't like using thinner oil in summer personally but I'm sure its fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    I use Castrol Edge 5-30 for on every car I've owned for many years and havent had any problems.

Best value oil ( when on sale ) to get.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Both oils that you listed will work. If you search for oil in the Integra and Civic sections, you will find more results.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    I was using the motul 300v chrono, but switched over to the 10w~40 Royal Purple and have been happier with this oil, and its a bit cheaper too.
    .: I Heart Honda :.

elf oil is alright

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Heres a video of oil comparison, Nulon came first against Castrol, Royal purple, Mobil1, and Motul.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhoPKQLtfo

But for your comparison, I think Motul would be the winner.

Good luck.