Thread: Power Lag

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 Civic EG

Power Lag

Hey guys,

I suppose I should introduce myself since I do browse this forums a tad. My names Jack and I'm from western sydney and I own a 1993 Civic Hatchback.

On a serious more note, I was wondering what is causing this power lag? It occurs from 1.8 to 2k revs? Around there, its like a power struggle or a shutter...like as if one is about to stall..

My mates have told me its probably my clutch mayb? I'm still learning on it. I'm definately checking out the clutch fluid when i have a chance and defiantely taking it to my mechanic.

Any ideas? Kind Regards

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i doubt it would be the clutch.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 Civic EG
    What do you reckon it is?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    if your clutch is slipping severely you will deffinetly feel it, mostly when taking off.

but im not quite sure what it is, but i said i doubt it would be the clutch, doesnt mean it isnt.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    could be numerous things, electrical, mechanical fault.... spark plugs, distributor, fuel injectors, ecu.....
    power lag has nothing to do with clutch, clutch problem usually ends up being slippage, clutch fluid non existence or clutch master cylinder stuffed up, bearing problem or so
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Easiest thing to do before taking it to the mechanic is check your sparkplugs/leads
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 Civic EG
    Cheers! Will definately check that out

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    most hondas will get power lags/struggles/hesitations for the following reasons ...

most commonly ...
    - bad fuel, they prefer 95ron or 98ron fuels ... not 90 (brands like ampol and gull should be avoided)
    - injectors need cleaning - this can be done with nulon additive from an auto store or you can get them done professionally at places like repco service centre
    - fuel system needs cleaning - again easiest way is to get a nulon additive from an auto store
    - bad spark plugs
    - bad ignition leads

if that fails its usually because of this ...
    - IACV needs cleaning
    - FICV needs cleaning
    - throttle body / intake manifold needs a spray with throttle body cleaner or subaru upper engine cleaner
    - bad earth
    - bad dizzy contacts or dizzy needs cleaning with contact cleaner spray
    - ECU needs to be flashed due to I/H/E mods

if that fails and you have also diagnosed any CEL lights than take the car to a mechanic =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680