Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    lol sorry boys i got abit excited!!!! lol race EJ8??? how'd u know my name anways??? r u stalking me

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    16CTEG - didn't bother reading your post, but can you please use paragraphs/punctuations in future? Makes reading what you have to say easier on the eyes.

fabz - If you have the money, go the R. Otherwise, the VTi-R. Simple choices. As for the differences, do a search. It has been discussed before. Good luck in your search for a car.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Hey lol i dont even have my P plates yet :$ but am looking to buy 1 pretty much as soon as i get my Ps. I spose if i get a vti-r the power wont be to much either lol i can work on it eventually. And i wasnt sure what models were the same shape as the type r's. Is the type r worth the extra $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by fabz
    Is the type r worth the extra $$$$
    I dont think any type R owners ever regretted getting a type-R over a vtir.

For straightline, you can buy a vtir- spend the money saved on mods and get upto or slightly surpass Type-R level.

However for corners, would need to spend a fair bit of $$$ to match the type R handling ability. This is where a typeR over a vtir will really shine

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    it depends on what you want and how you want to drive it. the vtir is a nice car, its a bit more civilised then the R, but the R is more of a raw machine.
    goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    I would mainly wanting it for looks to start with id probably put body kit, rims and lower it pretty much as soon as i could. But id want it to be able to beat stock vti-rs at least coz ther are quite of few young people around my area with them

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    y is that alot of young people only care about beating this and that. thats one way people have accidents. anyway, who cares if you get beating etc, there is always someone faster then you.
    depends on your budget, both cars are an integra so if you want bodykit etc, then both will look pretty identical. you pay for what you get. R is quicker then vtir stock vs stock, but the catch is the R costs more
    Last edited by Speeder; 07-01-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    OMFG 16CTEG, i got a massive migraine from reading your huge post lol
    Please use paragraphs !!!!

And as for fabs, i dont even reccommend you getting a VTi-R let alone a Type R.

You dont even have your Ps and you' re already worried about wot car.

I mean you should buy a cheaper car and practice in that first, then once you get better in a yr or so, get a better car.

but thats just my opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    First choice is Type R, Second choice is VTI-R.
    Too many different between Type R and VTI-R.
    Carbon look interior, Recaro seats, Momo steering wheel, Light wheels, output of engine, sporty suspenion, factory front lip, Rear spoiler, Better brake system, LSD, close gear ratio, higher level CV system, Light weight, Better intake and exhaust.....etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    in my opinion since u haven't even got ur licence yet, how about once u get ur P's go car shopping. take a test drive in each car... only then will u know wot u really want to buy for the money you have. else, all this talk even before sitting behind the driver's seat wont do alot for ya... it may give u a good idea of wot's got wot, but since u've listed that u mite have the option of either, try them and u'll know wot u want.

however with that said, if u have the money, go for type r definitely if ur after an all round performer... it's a racing bred car out of the factory, great handling (best fwd car in the world, as suggested by many), excellent power for a 1.8L, and it's NA meaning u won't dig a hole in ur pocket for petrol

else the vtir is an excellent option too... just a more civilised road version of the type r. and the facelifted model is similar to the type r exterior wise, minus the kit and 5 lugs basically, and all the goodies on the inside.

good luck on ur search and keep us updated
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

i havent read all of it either, but i could say:

the 98+VTiR Teg or Civic is bretty good package, and value as well...

but even then maybe a 92 EG Civic could be good?

but a few q's, are you in Vic. or somewhere else?

is it your 1st car?

have you ever raced on a track?

what's your favorite colour???
    B20VTEC - since 2002

doh, EK9 got me.

so, if you ain't got your licence,

a type R ia way too much,

a car that handlesalright is the VTiR Teg,

but you could even just get a civic to get started with,

my 1st ride was the 'mighty colt', '86 model with 8 speeds, lol! (colt drivers woudl know )

my gf owns a civic, i love driving it, it is great in motorkhanas too, but we are getting ahead of ourselves...

but i think i answered the postsQ with: Teg VTiR or Civic...

edit:

dont forget to click on here to find what your'e looking for:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?

look for discussions about the VTiR, and they will usually include a comparison to a Type R or two...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 08-01-2005 at 03:45 AM.
    B20VTEC - since 2002