Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    LOL @ Tinkerbell

well, you can't say that a type r is way too much or too hard a car for a newbie driver... if that's wot ur saying, hehe. cos i drove a jdm itr and a ctr wen on my P's both were easy to drive, great for street. but then again it depends on the driver...
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

good for you, you must be good or lucky

or both, lol!

i will def. say one thing, Type R's are safe as anything once you get to know them... DC2's that is...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    lol, definitely lucky... not sure about good but going OT now... back to business
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

it really depends on what your plans are for the car...

want to make a straight line weapon?
    go for the vti-r and spend the difference in go faster bits and pieces.

want a great all round package to leave mostly stock?
    type-r. i reckon it's got a great compromise between performance and comfort.

as for handling, braking and other performance meters- it's not a big task to bring the itr beyond the level of a stock R. a set of good shocks, springs, swaybars and a good wheel allignment already gets the turn in and adjustability sorted out. brake conversions are not hard to do, and i believe willwood kits are reasonably well priced now too. straight line takes a little bit more though, a good header, intake and exhaust on the vti-r should get you line ball with a type-r, add a hondata and it should be marginally quicker. tack on a kaaz lsd *chuckle* some custom gearing and away you go...

you'll never have the type-r envy that a real type-r gets, but if you aren't worried about that, the vti-r is still a good choice. it just needs a bit of attention
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    liek i said sorry boys i got abit excited when i wrote my reply! i trailed off abit sorry!

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    u boys are right a ITR is foolproof...almost it's probebly beta around corners than a WRX! and i liek it how vtec can't kick in when ur enigne is cold! but thats all vtec engine i think well at elast the DOHC VTEC engines! but the ITR is a complete package u dont' need to modifie it to go around a track it great speed and good cornering! and it's not bad for straight lien either but a VTiR is the go if u like straight line! just mod it abit and then very much almost god as a ITR for straight lien but no way it'd be as good cornering!
    but if u really want cornering u should go a RWD cos drifting a corner is soo much more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly

as for handling, braking and other performance meters- it's not a big task to bring the itr beyond the level of a stock R. a set of good shocks, springs, swaybars and a good wheel allignment already gets the turn in and adjustability sorted out. brake conversions are not hard to do, and i believe willwood kits are reasonably well priced now too. straight line takes a little bit more though, a good header, intake and exhaust on the vti-r should get you line ball with a type-r, add a hondata and it should be marginally quicker. tack on a kaaz lsd *chuckle* some custom gearing and away you go...

you'll never have the type-r envy that a real type-r gets, but if you aren't worried about that, the vti-r is still a good choice. it just needs a bit of attention
    How much is the price difference between a VTIR and a TypeR anyway?
    With all the modifications needed in terms of power and handling to get it to match or slightly beat a type R, wouldnt you be better off just getting the type R instead??

Guaranteed that you'll stack the car, no ifs or buts about it.
    you got no P's yet and everyone stacks on thier P's.
    don't waste a Type R, get some experience b4 you get one
    no hard feelings bro, just the facts of life

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    not everyone stacks on there Ps lol

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Why are u advising him for a VTIR for a straight line weapon when he could get a turbo car LOL. Stats say you's most likely to crash at least once within ur 3 years on P plates. Through out life time you will crash at least 3 times. So they say.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly

Daily driver, comfort & a mod potential the VTiR
    Status, status & status the ITR

The ITR - not a car for MUSIC LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by 16CTEG
    u boys are right a ITR is foolproof...almost it's probebly beta around corners than a WRX! and i liek it how vtec can't kick in when ur enigne is cold! but thats all vtec engine i think well at elast the DOHC VTEC engines! but the ITR is a complete package u dont' need to modifie it to go around a track it great speed and good cornering! and it's not bad for straight lien either but a VTiR is the go if u like straight line! just mod it abit and then very much almost god as a ITR for straight lien but no way it'd be as good cornering!
    but if u really want cornering u should go a RWD cos drifting a corner is soo much more fun!
    DUDE...use paragraphs!

My version of what you wrote;

u boys are right a ITR is foolproof...almost it's probebly beta around corners than a WRX!

and i liek it how vtec can't kick in when ur enigne is cold! but thats all vtec engine i think well at elast the DOHC VTEC engines!

but the ITR is a complete package. u dont' need to modifie it to go around a track. it great speed and good cornering!

and it's not bad for straight lien either but a VTiR is the go if u like straight line! just mod it abit and then very much almost god as a ITR for straight lien but no way it'd be as good cornering!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh...so much easier on our eyes.

Anyways, like most people have said, since you haven't even gotten your license yet, the wise thing to do is to take cars that you have a fancy for ,and that fits your budget, for a test drive and then deicde which car you wish to buy.

That way, you know you will feel comfortable in it. Don't close your mind to only the Honda range. There are many other choices out there.

Once again, good luck with it.

Be safe, and have fun.