Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust

Exhaust

Hey guys i was looking at exhausts and i've come down to two options. I can't decide which one and would like some opinions and some deeper analytical review type responses if that's possible. the two exhaust systems in question are The Jays Racing Catback system 70mm and the HKS 75mm. Also if anyone knows a cheap/chaeper site to get them from other than s2ki forum and jdmconcept.com.au i would appreciate it. thanks!

both single exhaust btw*

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    get the HKs.

For J's jdmconcept isn't badly priced, you can try fourtyone.co.nz or Gotuning I think they may have stock.. if not you'll be waiting for a few months but they're worth the wait. I prefer J's over HKS. Also I read that the HKS drones around 3-4k and J's doesn't, not sure about performance between the two.
    Last edited by STAiN MASTER; 22-09-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Wow this is exactly the debate going on in my head lol.

Only thing that turns me off the j's is the dolphin tip, I believe the js will be better gains but really it's not like we are gonna get massive gains from a catback any way.

HKS sounds so sweet but have heard same as stain master, it suffers from droning

Reckon it would be possible to modify the js tip so it's a strait exit?
    Vtec.....It's whats for dinner

^ Dolphin tip is there for a reason so it doesn't get black fumes onto the rear bumper. Also getting a Hi flow cat will help in 70mm.
    Last edited by STAiN MASTER; 23-09-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    its not like your always driving in 3-4k revs unless your on a highway for it to drone.. i reckon thats a pretty good range.. i change gears from 3.5-4.. anywayz the Js 1 doesnt sound as good, and the gains cant be that much better. and the tip on the HKS is also better hehe. not to mention the HKS is like much much cheaper and in stock.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Engin09 View Post
    its not like your always driving in 3-4k revs unless your on a highway for it to drone.. i reckon thats a pretty good range.. i change gears from 3.5-4.. anywayz the Js 1 doesnt sound as good, and the gains cant be that much better. and the tip on the HKS is also better hehe. not to mention the HKS is like much much cheaper and in stock.
    in stock where?
    Vtec.....It's whats for dinner

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Aside from the Js, what other exhausts dont drone at 3-4k? I bought an ebay exhaust a while back (big mistake) which only lasted on my car for a week due to droning in that same rev range. I do alot of high way driving from geelong to melbourne (the poor milage on my car :{ ) so Im constantly sitting in that rev range. So when I go for take 2 on an after market exhaust I dont want drone in that rev range. it drove me nuts

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    We talking about the J's racing 70rs?
    It's extremely light, titanium which looks sxc, and i like the dolphin tip o.o...
    One of the best for the s2000 in my opinion lol..

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Everyone runs high flow cats or test pipes anyway, gets rid of the drone between 3-4k for real. According to s2ki members

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by sambalam View Post
    in stock where?
    In the states, with the good exchange rate you can get em for like under $900 landed now
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87