Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000

wtf, my car just stopped working, while i was driving!

The other day, as i was leaving a mates house, i was driving my car normally, but as i went to shifit into 3rd gear, it sounded as though my clutch was slipping, then my car bogged down and turned off.

At first i had no idea, what had just happened, brakes werent working properly, steering went heavy, the engine just completely shut down.
    luckily i was still on my mates street, not on a main rd or freeway, so i tried starting the car again.
    the battery was clearly working fine, but it just didnt want to ignite.

so anyways, pushed the car back to his house, and left it there, for racq to come.

they came, tried starting the car... no luck.
    he checked the fuses in the engine, and in the glove box, nothing wrong there.
    checked the power going to the fuel pump, full power going there.
    so we narrowed it down to the fuel pump, having blown..

my car has only done 60,000kms and the guy was shocked to have seen such a problem on a honda!

luckily my mechanic is only down the rd, so i got towed to his garage.
    we ripped out the back seat, and pulled out the fuel pump to have a look at it.
    as we pulled it out, we were shocked to have found that a wire inside the fuel tank, on the pump had snapped.
    it looked like it had been clean cut, with pliers..

the mechanic had never seen anything like this before..
    so he just stripped the wire back, put on a connecter, put the pump back in, and then the car just started straight away.

what a releif that was..

i was just wondering if anyone out there has ever seen or heard of such a thing??!?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Very strange. Sabotage maybe?

Only other thing I can think of (if nobody has worked on that part of the car) was that the nick was made during manufacturing and only just failed.

Still very strange.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    is ur car still under warranty?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    naa, the 3 yrs warranty ended last yr..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    wtf.. how is that possible? was there any insulation tape around the fuel pump area? anyway of telling if its OEM fuel pump
    maybe its 2nd fuel pump and wires were cut accidentally while installing it ? but then again ur car was working fine before
    hmmm
    snapping 2nd..