Thread: Cheap JDM CRX

Cheap JDM CRX

Hey guys,

I was surfing the net today and found an import site. On this site everything was extremely cheap! and to my amazement they had several EF8 crx's all selling for 220k yen, about $2400 AUS. What do you guys think about this price? most cars seemed very cheap and the majority of them were in good condition.

yeah that's a reasonably cheap price... but won't land it in Aust incl compliance for less than 7 or 8.

and by the way the current X rate is less than 80 making 220K yen closer to 2.8K.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    edit : wot type one said..

7-8 is alot cheaper than what was offered by some other companies also depends if i have to use a container or if i can just roll on roll off. I also used the ninemsn currency converter and it said $2400 but who cares its cheap as chips.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    7-8 is what I see EF8 and EF8s go for... plus any mods needed for compliancing.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Newcomer Array
    what import site?

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    yes..
    but you havent seen the conditions of these cheap cr-x's...
    every single import ive seen is in shitter condition then any aussie crx.

i've seen imported cr-x's (uncomplied) with 90,000k's on the clock, with rusted chassis, floors, ripped seats.

in the end you get what you pay for.

They actually show you about 8 pictures of each vehicle. There is one that has 85000kms and the paint and interior are in great condition.

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    do they show underneath the car where all the rust is?
    rust is a major killer to crx's in japan and the states because of snow.

my mate just spent almost an entire year getting his crx complianced, because they had to weld new metal to the car. on the roof, chassis and rear guards.

show me these pictures, i bet they are small pictures

i have to agree with bumography - very serious buyer beware situation here... look for a reputable importer. Please don't forget nothing comes for free.

Newcomer Array
    whats the site??????

http://www.ginz.co.nz

They have a totally trashed DC5R on there, although it may be good for parts etc. If only I was rich