Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhydah View Post
    ahh ok i see... will consider gt2871 when upgrading then cheers
    I'd go bigger if you want good safe power GT30

I think the gt2871 is great for B16's and that's what I'm running but B18's love GT30 IMO

The gt2871 will still work well on your B18 though
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    put the resistor in today... still leaking oil thought

its coming from around the sump and a little bit higher and it only leaks when the car is turned off. if its idling it wont spill a drop

its not the sump gasket because i replaced that when i first noticed the leak... the shop that welded my bung in used silver solder so maybe with the rapid heating and cooling it could of warped my sump?

just throwing out random ideas now
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    put the resistor in today... still leaking oil thought

its coming from around the sump and a little bit higher and it only leaks when the car is turned off. if its idling it wont spill a drop

its not the sump gasket because i replaced that when i first noticed the leak... the shop that welded my bung in used silver solder so maybe with the rapid heating and cooling it could of warped my sump?

just throwing out random ideas now
    -8 or -10 oil return lines?

I dropped my sump on the weekend to fix my oil leak.. took me like 5 tries

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    not 100% had -8 but replaced it with one a little bigger so i assume -10? its free flowing and isnt kinked or bent too much... what do you mean it took you 5 tries was the gasket not seating properly or bung not welded properly?
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    not 100% had -8 but replaced it with one a little bigger so i assume -10? its free flowing and isnt kinked or bent too much... what do you mean it took you 5 tries was the gasket not seating properly or bung not welded properly?
    Kept leaking through the gasket time and time again.. finally got her seals..

Re-flattened all the surfaces and cleaned, new gasket with liquid gasket and she's sweet now

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    hmmmm i wonder if thats worth a shot with me aswell... hate taking the sump off lol

what liquid gasket do you reccomend?
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    hmmmm i wonder if thats worth a shot with me aswell... hate taking the sump off lol

what liquid gasket do you reccomend?
    Tell me about it!!!!!!!! I need to remove the turbo/manifold/dump pipe/AC fans and some of the exhaurst to drop my sump

I just used the high heat red stuff from auto one, the tubes so foked I can't even read the name it it sorry lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    oh sht lol i dont have to take the manifold and turbo off to get mine out.. i feel better now

thanks for the info sorry to be such a pain ill give it a go tomorrow arvo and fingers crossed it is my sump...
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    replaced the gasket for the oil drain fitting on the turbo because it was moist... also went nuts with the toyota black sealant stuff around the bung on the sump and the leak slowed down alot.. will have to get it rewelded and hope for the best
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    replaced the gasket for the oil drain fitting on the turbo because it was moist... also went nuts with the toyota black sealant stuff around the bung on the sump and the leak slowed down alot.. will have to get it rewelded and hope for the best
    I've got bolts welded to the inside of the sump so I can tighten the flange via screws if needed. plus then I can remove or change the flange should I need too

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    rem to make sure the return line is lower, as it is gravity returned. Any pressure in it will cause build up in the turbo and turbo leaks
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    rem to make sure the return line is lower, as it is gravity returned. Any pressure in it will cause build up in the turbo and turbo leaks

exactly what i was going to say... but in reverse lol u need the return on the sump higher...dont want it returning into the oil...

i was told this by Mike Vine at Mike Vine Turbos, i purchased a kit and its built up back into the turbo it had sat around and
    siezed.... i managed to fix this though...
    Last edited by Riviera; 05-10-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    Vince