Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

H22A Turbo, Cheapest Path, Good Gains?

Hey Fellas..

In the mindset at the moment of possibly bolting a turbo onto a h22a prelude (vti-r)..
    Now has anyone actually done this before to a h22a motor? Was it worth it and you were able to get some decent power?
    If anyone has some ideas on a good turbo kit or setup with links to websites for parts etc.. then by all means post them here so i can work out how much it will cost me.. (cannot find many good sites that are reasonably cheap but still decent).

At the moment its only a thought in the head.. but hopefully can be put down into this baby and see her fly.. give us some feedback on your thoughts and such for it.. cheers.

Seems like noone has ever turbo'd a h22a whatsoever? just curious on some info with h22a's and turbos on them or just performance from a h22a itself?

Member Array
    Car:
    69' chevy
    cheap, good and reliable u can only pick 2..

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    Quote Originally Posted by GormzZ View Post
    Seems like noone has ever turbo'd a h22a whatsoever? just curious on some info with h22a's and turbos on them or just performance from a h22a itself?
    seems like someone doesn't know how to use the search function

try using google

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    mmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by MR-VTEC; 19-10-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    ****in hell richo.... was that with a non built block?
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    Quote Originally Posted by gormzz View Post
    seems like noone has ever turbo'd a h22a whatsoever? Just curious on some info with h22a's and turbos on them or just performance from a h22a itself?
    hahaha, google can probably help you with that!
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

what you mean you can only pick 2 mate? and yeah.. i tried to search h22a turbos and stuff but not alot came up or at the time i wanted straight answers in this thread.. thats a nice hp reading you got mr vtec, i would be more then happy with those figures being pulled out of a h22at. looked on google.. but just want some other peoples opinions and hows theirs turned out from members on this forum?

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    My lude made 210kw atw, standard motor @ 9psi.

Plenty of torque through the rev range. Awesome to drive. Its up for sale actually lol. So if youre in sydney.. come buy it =D

what turbo did you have on it thought OMG.JAI xD? t28 or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    should be plenty of turboed h22a, theres a few turboed ones in civics on here, seen it in an accord. like OMG.JAI says, it can pull 200kw+ easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GormzZ View Post
    what turbo did you have on it thought OMG.JAI xD? t28 or something?
    The turbo in my car is a t3/t04e with .86rear housing.
    Its not always about the turbo. Alot depends on your manifold and exhaust design.
    If you cant achieve good flow for the turbo, it will never give you 100% efficiency.
    Also you gotta remember that peak power isnt everything. Always aim for balance through the rev range, unless youre aiming for a drag car where top end is all that matters. For instance my car makes 120kw atw @ 4000-4500 rpm. So you can just imagine the amount of torque i have for street driving.
    To achieve peak power is very easy. Get a standard high compression motor unopened. Get a manifold designed with long primarys (ie like a top mount of some sort). Add a GT30 turbo or better with a 3" dump externally gated or 3.5" internally gated. Slap on some N/A cams. Get cam gears, dial and tune 'em. Get a proper tune and youll see close to 250kw atw but at 8000rpm.

But again. Power isnt everything if youre aiming for a quick street car.