Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Car starts then stalls...

Ugh. Here's another problem thats ever so kindly popped up out of nowhere amongst the other things I already have to fix..

Sometimes when I go for a decent drive and then turn the car off, and come back and start it again (for example, just needed to run inside to get something, so turned off for a short period of time) it starts, and then slowly loses idle and dies, then is very difficult to start again, just keeps cranking without start, unless I wait a few minutes then try again.

Keep in mind this doesn't happen all the time, only sometimes. This has never happened the whole time I've had the car until a few days ago, and has happened once more since then.

Could this have something to do with the recent change of seasons and the weather heating up? Maybe a temperamental thing, but something has to be the cause of it nonetheless.

I changed the fuel filter and ignition coil recently too so it's not a clogged filter or loss of spark.

Any help would be seriously appreciated as my car is doing my head in with all it's problems that are popping up all at once, it's like the cars got f**king PMS.

Easy rep here for anyone with useful ideas

thanks...
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    have you noticed any weird things on your cluster while driving...like pointers dropping off or idle bouncing

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like Main PGMFI Relay

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    nah nothing weird on the cluster while driving, all is fine.

thanks ECU-MAN I'll look into that. +1 rep

all ideas welcome
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Its not the alternator / battery is it? When youre driving the alternator is keeping the battery topped up, but when you stop the car the battery doesnt hold charge so its unable to kick over when u start it again. Sounds simple but probably worth checking mate.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yeah thanks for the suggestion but the battery is fine
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    maybe check the throttle body, it might need some WD40 and cleaning

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    It seems I've fixed it. Re-soldered all the points in the PGMFI Main Relay and she hasn't stalled since. anyway we'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

Thread Closed.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015