Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 2008 Lux A/T

[CL9] Wrong SatNav version sold during run-out sale

Hi all,

Just a helpful tip if anyone else was bought Accord Euro 2008 Lux with SatNav during the run-out sale...

I was given WhereIs v13 disc by the dealer and after complaining that it should be v14 I was told that's all that they had.

I rang Honda and complained to them and after a week or so and a few follow-up calls I was called back by a nice lady in Melbourne who confirmed that all new Honda cars sold after March 2008 should come with v14.

She arranged a free v14 disc to be sent to me and it arrived today.

So, if anyone else received v13 "by mistake" from their dealers, you should ring Honda Australia and request a v14 to be sent for free.

I hope this helps...

Hi There,

I specifically asked the dealer if the maps where the latest version.. He said yes being v.13 because it included the m2 and m7. After checking on this website.. low and behold.. there is a v14. I called the dealer today and told him about it and he said he will look into it for me.. He said that was the dvd that comes with the car but he will make some enquiries..

If he does not come up with the goods.. i'll follow your method.. i'm not paying any more $$$

It's like buying a new computer and giving you windows 98

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 2008 Lux A/T
    Quote Originally Posted by Economic View Post
    I called the dealer today and told him about it and he said he will look into it for me.. He said that was the dvd that comes with the car but he will make some enquiries..
    Yeah, the dealer gave me the same story: "Sorry, can't help, we just give you what Honda gives us". However, the lady at Honda said that v14 should have been given and asked for dealer details etc, so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Economic View Post
    It's like buying a new computer and giving you windows 98
    Yeah. Normally I wouldn't care - my old car still has Gregory's Sydney 2000 from when I purchased the car and I never had any issues, but when I buy a new car I expect the latest version.

By the way, since it is a bit precious, I would recommend that you make a backup copy of the DVD and use it in the car and keep the original in a safe place. You never know...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    how much does the update cost new?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 2008 Lux A/T
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    how much does the update cost new?
    It costs $500 from what I read here before.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Mmm, thanks for this guys. I'm going down to buy my new car this morning (CL9 - Euro Lux Nav) so i will ask them about this.

Is there much difference between V13 and V14?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    i heard that with v14 they have added speed/red light cameras, is this myth true?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tarik View Post
    Hi all,

Just a helpful tip if anyone else was bought Accord Euro 2008 Lux with SatNav during the run-out sale...

I was given WhereIs v13 disc by the dealer and after complaining that it should be v14 I was told that's all that they had.

I rang Honda and complained to them and after a week or so and a few follow-up calls I was called back by a nice lady in Melbourne who confirmed that all new Honda cars sold after March 2008 should come with v14.

She arranged a free v14 disc to be sent to me and it arrived today.

So, if anyone else received v13 "by mistake" from their dealers, you should ring Honda Australia and request a v14 to be sent for free.

I hope this helps...
    I just got my CL9 '08 just 2 months ago and i also have received v13, they asked me to complete a survey... just wondering what marks i should give them,

BTW do you have the contact details from the lady from melbourne? i would like to complain about mine

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    BTW do you have the contact details from the lady from melbourne? i would like to complain about mine
    Please do share....

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by tarik View Post
    It costs $500 from what I read here before.
    Thats heaps. Can buy a top of the range portable GPS. V14 is already outdated. Although considered 2008 maps the information is compilled from 2007. If the v14 maps doesn't have new roads like the Pakenham Bypass and the Scoresby Freeway (Melbourne users) complain and demand a heavy discount on the next version.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Man View Post
    Please do share....
    1800 804 954

I just called Honda just then, spoke to a kind lady of the name jenny

She put a concern follow-up of this incident

Jenny advised that i should chase up my dealer first about this issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    1800 804 954

I just called Honda just then, spoke to a kind lady of the name jenny

She put a concern follow-up of this incident

Jenny advised that i should chase up my dealer first about this issue.
    Sounds like the handball game has begun. Honda to dealer, dealer to honda and so on ...