Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Integra VTI-R TIRES (OPINIONS) + ADVICE

hi guys,

ive been looking around for some 'bang for your bucks' tires. i would like your opinions on cheap tires. Is it worth spending money on tyres brands like achilles, nexens etc.. or spend the extra $$ for something like kumho, goodyear etc...
    what do you guys recommend ?? its only for normal road use, eg: city / outer surburb drives
    It be great to know what you guys are running on your integras and share some info on tire quality, comfort and how much they cost.

thanks

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    whats ur budget?

RE001 195/55/15s is only around $120/crn
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    What's your wheel size?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

my budget is anything.. whats worth it for your $$$, as in if the cost for a set of tires are worth 400 bucks or so.. and im getting something worth for what im paying for then im willing to spend that much.

ive got integra blades atm.. so... 195/55R15.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    something like kuhmo ecsta's seem to be a good balance of bang for buck, they also seem quite popular as I see them on lots of Jap cars around here in canberra.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    ku31's are cheap
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

so if i were to consider some tyres. dont go for the cheap stuff ?better off buying something like kuhmo then achilles tyres etc... ??

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 yO!
    I previously had Bridgestone RE001's (195/50/15) on my car, they were value for money and I would use them again and again for daily purposes.
    I also took them to the track and they performed relatively good!
    Don't be ridiculously stingy on tyres for obvious reasons. Having said that, I got a full set of RE001's back in June for ~$500. To be frank, that's not rather expensive or cheap, but in the middle somewhere.
    FYS

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    cant recommend ku31's enough ^_^

Where would I buy some Ku31's in Melb?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    KU31 often on sale at Bob Jane's I bought mine early this year for $99 a tyre fitted, had a set of Re001 previously which I really liked but at $140 a tyre I couldnt resist the 40% saving in $.

KU31 ride and grip decent esp in the dry, not noisy but over shallow puddles on drying highways at 100-110km/h car tends to pull much more than the re001 and that's with full tread compared to bare min tread I had in the re001 before. In heavy rain however they are fine, very predictable middle of the road performer.

If they can be had for $120 a tyre definately go for the re001.

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    nexens arent too bad for a daily tyre. had them on my previous daily and had no probs with them. didnt exactly push them to their limits though driving from a to b...

would recommend re001's as above for bang for buck performance tyre. not used ku31's yet but heard they aint too bad