Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GE6

where to start?? mod JAZZ

So after owning my 09 Jazz for about 9 months, i have finally decided to do something with it.
    it is completely stock now, with the exception of mugen visors.

What have you guys modded on ur jazz? and how much do u guys beleive is a reasonable amount to spend on ur jazz?

Any recomendations on where to start??
    i know eventually this all comes down to personal preference. But it would be great for me (and others) to have an idea on where to start and how much $$ on average they will be looking at to get a nice clean "sporty" Jazz!

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    itd not worth spending any $ on engine mods as its a Jazz, jazz's arnt fast never will be (unless u have all the money in the world to turbo it but still u could buy a much bettter car then) so the only worth while mods are wheels and suspension!
    Get the thing to handle like a go cart and it can be alot of fun to drive.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

suspension is always good. at least you wont get into trouble with cops and alike.

but seriously though, a mild catback exhaust combined with some rims (205/45/16 or 215/45/17) that a basic good start. looking around 2-3k jdm parts.... keep an eye out on for sale section as cheap stuff does ocassionally pop up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GE6
    thanks guys
    i jsut purchased a CF mugen spoiler for the jazz
    will plan to get probably tien super compacts??
    and not sure to get 16s or 17s wheels

go for intake, struts, suspension and wheels...... i have weighed up modifying the engine, but it seems quite pointless as i am only ever going to get so much power out of the L15A, give it a few years before people start dropping K20/K24s into Jazz's like B16/B18 egs of old.

Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    go for intake, struts, suspension and wheels...... i have weighed up modifying the engine, but it seems quite pointless as i am only ever going to get so much power out of the L15A, give it a few years before people start dropping K20/K24s into Jazz's like B16/B18 egs of old.
    Pretty much right.

From memory it is about 3 or 4k for a bolt on turbo kit from topfuel or hks, and a custom job is about 7k+.

K20/24 have been done before but it is alot of work, your looking at 10k+
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit View Post
    Pretty much right.

From memory it is about 3 or 4k for a bolt on turbo kit from topfuel or hks, and a custom job is about 7k+.

K20/24 have been done before but it is alot of work, your looking at 10k+
    Definitely, there's one in syd and i think another in brissy, however you need to cut into the chassis slightly to fit the engine and i am unsure whether they have been able to get the aircon to work as yet. Although you could just be crazy and supercharge your K20A fit like this guy
    http://fitswap.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0