Hi All,

I'm in a big of a situation where, i've got an EG5 with a B20vtec + ITBs.

The problem with this is....engineering. If you know what i'm talking about, it's a bit of stuffing around. But basically, i have to change the itb to stock intake to pass an engineering certificate. I also need a stock/aftermarket quiet exhaust to pass emissions. I also want to have aircon and cold start, but with ITB's it just that more painful.

So, i've decided i'll be going to a B18C (integra vti-r) bottom end build.

The original b18 that was in my EG is still with the engine builder, so at least i can build that up and it's still registered to my chassis. =) (massive bonus!)

I'll be removing my head from my b20vtec and putting that on the b18c block. I'll just be running OEM parts in the bottom end rebuild, as i don't have to cash to use forged/strengthened items. I'll also be getting rid of the ITB in exchange for an DC2R ported Intake Manifold with a 68mm throttle body and a CAI. If i can find a mugen intake for an EG with a B series, i'll be snapping that up too. =)

It's heartbreaking taking apart the b20vtec build, as it's just so satisfying to drive.

Just wanted to see what experiences everyone else has with a b18c/b16 build compared to a b20vtec.

It's my daily driver and with summer coming up...i'd really like aircon. Or....am i just being a wuss about the aircon?

Is it worth going BACK to a b18???

Thanks!

Chris