Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15 View Post
    No. The engine builder wants any part of my engine returned to him, instead of being sold. Perfectly understandable.
    Actually no, that sounds kinda weird & a bit like you're being led down the garden path.
    Who is giving you the advice to spend more money & get another engine?
    & "give" your old engine back? (That you paid for) Really?
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Actually no, that sounds kinda weird & a bit like you're being led down the garden path.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    Which ITB's are you using atm?

nothing in this thread makes sense.

if you have a b20 in the car, why would you get rid of it?

if you don't like the quads then change that, if you like A/C then put it on.....

why would you go from a 2.0 to 1.8

You say that its big hassle to engineer. I ask you....... whats more troublesome.

build a b18 from scratch, buy all peripherals, install, tune, register......

or

just change out your quads.

i don't understand your logic.

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    The reason is, I don't own the b18 anymore. It's just fortunate that it's still sitting there.

The reason why i have to fork out money for the b18 is because it's just the bare block we're starting with. I have to get new rods, pistons, etc for the bottom end.

The only things I'll be keeping from my b20 is the head and things that bolt on. Water pump, oil pump, alternator, etc. Basically trading in a b20 bottom end.
    '09 VTR250

why?

you lose out.

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    nothing in this thread makes sense.

if you have a b20 in the car, why would you get rid of it?

if you don't like the quads then change that, if you like A/C then put it on.....

why would you go from a 2.0 to 1.8

You say that its big hassle to engineer. I ask you....... whats more troublesome.

build a b18 from scratch, buy all peripherals, install, tune, register......

or

just change out your quads.

i don't understand your logic.
    Why get rid of the b20? Engineering.... and all the hoops you have to jump through to even pass one.

It's not that difficult to build from scratch. I've got all the peripherals, straight from my b20. Install...swap heads, engine out and engine in. Tuning is tuning. Actually easier to tune a single tb than quads. Register.....in my previous post, the b18 is already registered to my eg. It was my old engine.

With removing the quads, I'll be putting in the ported ITR IM and an omni power 68mm TB with a CAI. and just a retune. I'll have cold start and the ability to run aircon. But, still engineering.

With engineering, they dont just check the engine number and you're done.
    You gotta prove the b20 came from an ADR complied vehicle. All emissions controls are in place. Brakes have been upgraded to match the bigger capacity. And all other things on the car that must comply with ADR rules. Exhaust emissions and noise. The intake must also comply, hence going with itr IM. Braided brake lines, make sure they are ADR approved. Did you know that an aftermarket programmable ECU is a big NO NO with EPA? so, running the b20vtec with my hondata S200 doesn't pass EPA already. But, the RTA don't care about the ECU. so, that's a risk we all take with the EPA.
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    So, from what I gather...everyone would chose a built b20vtec and get it engineered over a built b18c?
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy-boi View Post
    Which ITB's are you using atm?
    45mm A-Sport itb's.
    '09 VTR250

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15 View Post
    So, from what I gather...everyone would chose a built b20vtec and get it engineered over a built b18c?
    you chose a journey.

you've gone halfway down the road and then think to yourself that its too far to reach your destination, you want to go back.

there is no right or wrong, just what you decide but you've already gone down the road, be a winner and finish your journey.

there is no shame in giving up and going home, just lost glory.

my 2c

extra edit. in the ned only you can decide cos time and money is factor as well.
    Last edited by Bludger; 30-09-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Look, b18 isn't bad, I drive a built one regularly and torque is awesome, but i wouldn't be saying this if i had experienced a b20 with quads.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    do u mind pm'ing me pricing on them?