Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerlo View Post
    Just file off the stock b20 number and hammer in your stock engines... throw your stock block into the sea. Problem solved
    I like this suggestion LOL. Now where can you get OEM honda punch numbers?

just go into any honda dealer its off the shelf

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    GREAT NEWS!!!

I've just spoken with an Authorised RTA Engineer. He gave me the run down on what i need to do to pass.

I've pretty much got everything lined up to be installed and i should pass.
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    the b20 right?

what did the engineer say about going from 1600cc to 2000cc?

not a problem?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by defect View Post
    the b20 right?
    Yep! Cert for the B20! =)
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    what did the engineer say about going from 1600cc to 2000cc?

not a problem?
    The Engineer said it's perfectly fine. As long as i have upgraded the brakes to support the bigger capacity, which i have with DC2R 5 stud conversion + brake booster + master cylinder. Which is also being installed tomorrow. Woot!!!

He did say that for it to be legal, ALL emission controls HAVE to be in place. So the charcoal canister has to be connected and functioning. The rocker cover oil blow by has to be connected along the intake arm. And i think that's about it for the B series.

My exhaust has to be legal too. Ride height legal too. Nothing on the dash board padding area. Just the usual "legalities" for modded cars.

So, once all that's done, i'll be good to go.

Oh, and if anyone is planning on doing the same thing, you MUST retain the standard intake manifold and throttle body. The piping from the throttle body to the airbox doesn't really matter, as long as it's present. And the intake box has to be fully enclosed. A CAI into the bumper does not count as an enclosure. So the Mugen/CT icebox and those types are legal. If you do change the throttle body and/or intake manifold then you HAVE to go to an EPA station, jump on the dyno and not exceed noise and pollution emission limits.

I hope this helps those who are thinking about it. I've decided to jump through the many hoops to do it, but i think it'll be worth it in the end.
    '09 VTR250

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15 View Post
    The Engineer said it's perfectly fine. As long as i have upgraded the brakes to support the bigger capacity, which i have with DC2R 5 stud conversion + brake booster + master cylinder. Which is also being installed tomorrow. Woot!!!

He did say that for it to be legal, ALL emission controls HAVE to be in place. So the charcoal canister has to be connected and functioning. The rocker cover oil blow by has to be connected along the intake arm. And i think that's about it for the B series.

My exhaust has to be legal too. Ride height legal too. Nothing on the dash board padding area. Just the usual "legalities" for modded cars.

So, once all that's done, i'll be good to go.

Oh, and if anyone is planning on doing the same thing, you MUST retain the standard intake manifold and throttle body. The piping from the throttle body to the airbox doesn't really matter, as long as it's present. And the intake box has to be fully enclosed. A CAI into the bumper does not count as an enclosure. So the Mugen/CT icebox and those types are legal. If you do change the throttle body and/or intake manifold then you HAVE to go to an EPA station, jump on the dyno and not exceed noise and pollution emission limits.

I hope this helps those who are thinking about it. I've decided to jump through the many hoops to do it, but i think it'll be worth it in the end.
    Good information.

So you're going with modified peripherals & going to get it EPA tested? Or are you going to stick with standard IM/TB & skip all that BS?

So a quad throttle setup can work legally with a custom airbox enclosure........ just as long as it passes the EPA........???....???..??.?

+one

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    If you pass EPA, you can get it engineered, regardless if you have 1030040402mm tb or 155322 throttles on the car, engineer just wants to be sure its emissions friendly for the compliances put against the car when it was released from factory

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 VTR250
    I'm going with an ITR intake manifold and 68mm throttle body that looks completely stock from the outside. I'll be running a metal pipe from the tb to the airbox. If I can't find a 2nd Mugen airbox kit, then I'll just be running an OEM ITR airbox but modified like what I've seen on other forums. As long as it's properly enclosed, it'll pass. The only thing I have to double check at the moment is the 68mm throttle body. I gotta take pics and send it to him, to see if he'll pass it. If not, then i have to do EPA.... With a lean tune of course.

Yes, itb's are fine...as long as they are enclosed.
    '09 VTR250

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Who said lean tune makes your car pass emissions?

If anything it makes it worse...

I've seen some 68mm TB's look pretty close to standard, kinda has benefits not buying a blingy looking one at times I guess. You still running your charcoal canister setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S15 View Post
    The Engineer said it's perfectly fine.
    so he is using the LVMGs?

nice...
    B20VTEC - since 2002