Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stock sound system? ( cu2 )

I tried searching but couldnt find anything.

Just wondering what the stock sound system on the cu2's is like? The brochure says that all 3 models have 10 speakers so im assuming they are the same?

My SV6 at the moment has 7 speakers and for a stock system isn't too bad but just wondering is the CU2 has good speakers for a stock setup. I dont listen to music too loud or worry about bass too much.

I will be spending a fair bit on rims, eibachs and cai so i wont have a budget for a sound system so im hoping they are decent. If they are even slightly better than my SV6 then i should be happy for some time.

Any of you guys upgraded the sound systems?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Hi,
    The stock sound system on the CU2, isnt bad at all.
    My opinion is, at near full volume:
    -The tweets and mids deliver clear tones, with negligable distortion.
    -Bass is powerful and reproduces lows, rather well,
    the sub, while tiny, does a good job,
    mine gets a work out each time I drive it!
    -Lack of an equaliser, doesnt allow you to shape your music.

single disc in the base model
    6-cd changer in the rest, is about the only difference, between the models.

Mine doesnt have a USB port, but I believe the newer ones do (MY10)

If you're not too particular about how your music sounds, I think you'll like it.

Best have a listen to one though, before you decide!

this thread will also have worthwhile info for you...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=cu2+audio

cheers,
    Des

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    The CU2 or CW2 (Tourer Wagon) has a Panasonic sound system which is great. It is unfortunate that in NZ/AU we did not get the ELS/Panasonic surround sound system that the US TSX got. The ELS/Panasonic has won multiple awards for being the best sound system in car beating even the Lexus's Mark Levingson system

http://www.audioworld.com/news/0403/...hallenge.shtml

http://www.laaudiofile.com/newcar.html

The NZ/AU version is still premium Panasonic but it is not ELS/Panasonic.

One thing is to watch for is the MY09 model CU2/CW2 has poor quality factory installed speakers. It is a well known problem with TSX/Accord Euro. My CW2 has 3 speakers replaced within 7 weeks of ownership. Knock on woods that more speakers are not going to fail soon.

This is a real shame given the supposing premium audio system in the Euro Accord.
    Last edited by limleong; 19-03-2010 at 11:22 AM.

thanks for the replies guys, i think i will be more than happy with the sound by the looks of it

Im not very fussy and it sounds way better than most stock setups ( like my sv6 for eg ) so it shouldn't be a problem

^^ Just a correction... in Australia we get 6 CD changers on the standard model as well...

also, one of my speaker got replaced on 1st service. the overall performance was ok. sub was fine, but I might upgrade the speakers in the future for better quality

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    ^^ Just a correction... in Australia we get 6 CD changers on the standard model as well...

Note to self...you live in New Zealand....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by 89superstage View Post
    Note to self...you live in New Zealand....
    Mine is an Aug2008 NZ-base model "Euro-S", and it has 6 disc changer system.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I'm happy with my stock sound system. You can crank it and it stays pretty clear.
    The sub woofer is a nice touch, as is the center speaker. I always thought those center speakers were a gimmick, but it genuinely kicks arse!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    sorry to bring an old thread back....but my brother has a CU2 and he has had to get honda to replace his speaker 8 times! everytime they change em they keep blowing up...just wondering if this is another issue with the CU2...or is it just unique to my brother's car?
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 TeGgY View Post
    sorry to bring an old thread back....but my brother has a CU2 and he has had to get honda to replace his speaker 8 times! everytime they change em they keep blowing up...just wondering if this is another issue with the CU2...or is it just unique to my brother's car?
    8 times?
    I think there's some fault current going on there.....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 TeGgY View Post
    I believe root cause is poor quality speakers. I have 3 speakers replaced on mine and the repalcement speakers are going fine. Knock on wood.

8 replacement speakers is on the extreme end but not unheard off for CU2. A few people in the TSX forum in the US has reported 5 - 6 speakers repalcement.

I have owned various Honda cars for 25+ plus year. This is the first time I get multiple speaker failures on Honda. I would have thought speakers are not something that can fail easily.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Hi Limelong,
    Do you crank your music (volume) up while in the car to the max or near, or use moderate volume, generally?
    and also how did you realize your speakers were blown?
    With so many in there, I'm afraid I may miss one, unless I put my ear to each one......