Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda

Front wheel vibration when slowing down

hi there, i've recently swap my back tires to the front and vice versa cause of better tires(Bridgestone Poteza). After test driving my car today, I've notice that when i slow down to a redlight at 30km/h, I start to feel this heavy vibration from the front tires(I think the right side). However, on take off this vibration does not occur. Help anyone?

Another Problem is that my steering wheel tilts on the right side slightly when Im driving on a straight road. So how can I fix this problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Obviously check tyres first as most likely cuse, but keep in mind it could be a coincidence of timing.

Could be a CV joint that's gone - hence different behaviour when slowing versus accelerating. Check if one of the rubber boots is split, causing grit to get inside and wearing out the joint. Had this exact issue with another car just the other day, including the slight pulling to one side (due to joint starting to seize).

I had a similar problem and found that my lower ball joints and tie rod ends were screwed. After replacing these, the problem was gone.
    Could be another possibility, and a cheap fix.

Wheel nuts on properly? Do you mind swapping the tyres back and see if the problem still occurs? Wonder why it only vibrates at 30kph. Did you try driving faster, like braking from 80kph?

I was gonna say warped rotors before I clicked on your thread but you mentioned vibrations only at 30k? My steering wheel used to wobble a bit when braking at 90kph+ until I machined the rotors.
    Last edited by migoreng; 02-10-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Could also be a rotor that has warped? That would cause a shudder during braking, and it wouldn't be noticeable during acceleration. Get your mechanic to check your brakes.

If steering shakes when braking - you got warped disc

When steering tilts when accelerating - you need a new wheel alignment

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Does the vibrating only happen when you're braking? If so it could be your disks.

Check your wheel nuts are on properly and that none of your wheel weights have fallen off.

Sounds also like you need a wheel alignment after rotating your tyres (not uncommon)
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq