Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000

6 feet tall in an S2K?

Hey all.

I am currently saving up for an S2k and it will still be around 6-12 months before I have the money to buy one.
    However I'm trying to get all the details now.

I'm a little over 6 foot and am a little worried about being too big to drive it comfortably. I want one more than anything but there is no point buying a car that is going to be too small for me.

The driving position I am used to in my current car is where my knee is slightly bent when the clutch is fully engaged, and if I sit back in my seat and hold my arm out straight I have my wrist touching the steering wheel, this allows for almost perfect steering comfort when elbows are bent with hands on the wheel, in my opinion.

I was wondering if this is achievable being the height that I am. Any details that can be thrown in from other 6 foot+ S2K drivers would be great.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    You mean clutch dis-engaged? Peddle down right? Best to get yourself seated in a S2K. You'll get a better feeling/indication then asking these sorta questions here. But I'm sure others can help out.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    I'm 6 foot 1 and I fit pretty well. what can matter is whether most of your height is in your legs or from your waist to head. best bet as mentioned above is to jump in one and see how it is. it's snug, but surprisingly comfy (until you do a really long boring drive)

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    im 6'2 and i love it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Are you able to heel-toe without too much difficulty?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    My legs aren't insanely long but they aren't short, they are pretty 50-50 even with my torso and therefore I don't look as tall as I am. I have a friend and she is the same height as me and has really long legs and at first glance she looks way taller than me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    You mean clutch dis-engaged? Peddle down right? Best to get yourself seated in a S2K. You'll get a better feeling/indication then asking these sorta questions here. But I'm sure others can help out.
    Yeah I meant dis-engaged lol how silly of me.

Easier said than done to get to sit in one. I probably see one a week around here, that's if I'm lucky.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Why are so many s2k owners so tall..?

i m 6"2 and no issues at all, guess you really got to try sitting in one to see if you like it or fit in one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by slackzy View Post
    i m 6"2 and no issues at all, guess you really got to try sitting in one to see if you like it or fit in one.
    Thanks. So no legs hitting the wheel? No Issues heal-toeing? Do your legs feel cramped?

It's hard for me to sit in one because there is none around lol.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Well how are you going to buy one if theres none around? You said your want details now before buying. Everyone is saying it. Get out there test drive one, see how it feels, see how you fit in it. You don't want to wait your 6-12 month and then find your knees are cramped. Won't that be a disappointment?
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Well how are you going to buy one if theres none around? You said your want details now before buying. Everyone is saying it. Get out there test drive one, see how it feels, see how you fit in it. You don't want to wait your 6-12 month and then find your knees are cramped. Won't that be a disappointment?
    Yeah I s'pose your right.

I only want to use it as a weekend/track car with my current car (or maybe something else) as a daily driver. So even if it is a little too small I will probably still buy one, as I won't be doing any more than 1,000km's a month.