Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Engin09 View Post
    Ye youll b fine with heel/toe, im pretty shit at doing it but if i put the seat all the way back its orite.. your legs wont be cramped and it really depends how u like to sit all the questions you've asked man, jump in one and adjust the seat 100000 times and after 30 mins you'll have all your questions answered
    Yeah I only started doing it a month ago takes a bit of getting used to and now it doesn't feel right when I don't do it, it's like habbit/second nature now, but I still f*ck it up a lot. Getting better at it every day, it sucks that I'm losing my license for 6 months. Police don't realize how much it sets people back when they are trying to improve their driving skills.
    Yeah I will do man I guess your right it's a pretty hard question to answer doesn't sound like there will be a problem though.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    I'm 6ft and I heel toe fine, don't hit the steering wheel or anything...because your knee part doesn't move heaps or whatever its just the ankle that rolls over. Especially if your foot is buried into the brake pedal.

On top of that you don't need row down the gears as thats a waste of time and just for show, rather just brake in the gear your in and then heel toe once for the gear you want. e.g from 4th, brake...skip 3rd and rev match into 2nd under braking.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    I'm 6ft and I heel toe fine, don't hit the steering wheel or anything...because your knee part doesn't move heaps or whatever its just the ankle that rolls over. Especially if your foot is buried into the brake pedal.

On top of that you don't need row down the gears as thats a waste of time and just for show, rather just brake in the gear your in and then heel toe once for the gear you want. e.g from 4th, brake...skip 3rd and rev match into 2nd under braking.
    im 6 1 and have nooooo isues with heel toe either,

now i may be going crazy but i vaguely remember reading something about it being bad to skip gears, as to why and how i dont remember and im not sure if it was proven / dis-proven but im sure some1's mentioned it before
    Vtec.....It's whats for dinner

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    sambalam, your right about it being bad to skip shift, but thats only on up shifting. It ruins the syncos. skip shifting on your down shifts is fine though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    sambalam, your right about it being bad to skip shift, but thats only on up shifting. It ruins the syncos. skip shifting on your down shifts is fine though
    Ahhh well there u go, thanks for clearing that up, I'M not going mad haha
    Vtec.....It's whats for dinner

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Skip up = bad. More work/load for the synchros. Worse the more gears you skip e.g 2nd to 6th. I'll skip like 2nd to 4th if I'm going downhill or something though where the load is less.