What is the difference between 01-04 and04+ DC5?

As per title...
    I notice these are classed differently

Also, how would this relate to a 2003 JDM DC5R?

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Integra Luxury
    i think it mostly cosmetic changes for the base model - different rims was one of the changes

as for DC5R, im not 100% sure

I noticed places that sell bodykits class them differently so maybe headlights/tail lights are different?
    Or front grills?

More info please

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    i wouldnt be too sure about JDM, but AUDM-wise, the power should have dropped a tad due to stricter emissions. if you swap the exhaust, it balances out.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    im pretty sure the lights are different, they are just a straight desgin instaed of having a tear drop design

01-04

04+

Last edited by kerim; 28-08-2007 at 10:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    different head lights, tail lights, rear bar, front bar, sides skirts, wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    1976 VW Kombi
    facelift
    InTEGRA TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    The JDM Face lift has Different Gearbox. Shorter gears as well as final drive.

Different Steering aswell. the is a BMI i thnk 14 or 16 that compares the facelift to the old one.
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    are you comparing the 01-04 to 04+ models in Australia?

base model = headlight, tail lights, front strut bar, rear bumper bar, front bumper bar, sides skirts, wheels. fog lights (if you have it as an option, it's a different fit because of the new front bumper)

with the Australian TypeR vs Australian TypeS models...
    front sway bar in the TypeS is thicker, intake cam shaft is the JDM intake cam shaft in the TypeS, the muffler in the TypeS is a JDM DC5R muffler with the valve, ecu is mapped different in the TypeS vs Australian DC5R...and there are others but that's all i got for now.

Can anyone confirm the gearbox changes from pre to post facelift?

Only for JDM DC5R please

The teardrop headlights look better than the flat ones actually. I am just hoping it didn't have any mechanical changes though

I recall something about suspension being different? Where 01-04 suspension isn't fully interchangable with 04+ suspension?

Any help is appreciated!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    springs cant change from 1 or the other as typeS curls the opposite way to typeR

You can although interchange the whole suspension. ie coil overs w/ shocks. whole arm.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    I confirm that it is for JDM only, because it does not exist in Australia. there is not facelift ITR here.

and the facelift better looking then post.

Quote Originally Posted by spetz View Post
    Can anyone confirm the gearbox changes from pre to post facelift?

Only for JDM DC5R please

The teardrop headlights look better than the flat ones actually. I am just hoping it didn't have any mechanical changes though

I recall something about suspension being different? Where 01-04 suspension isn't fully interchangable with 04+ suspension?

Any help is appreciated!
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out