Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    hmm... are u talking about a pug 306?

not being biased or anything, but wot makes u say that it handles better then a type r for a FF car??? i agree that the itr is "the bess FF handling car in the world", but never have i heard or seen anyone compare a 306 to an itr... let alone say it handles better! Lol... Please correct me if i'm assuming wrong
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesil
    Also, no doubt that 306 might handle better than Type R for a FF car, but it will never match a Type R's speed! To me, i think Type R is the best all rounder!
    WWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

chill out guys! it's ginganggooly who said that! And as far as i know, 306 is pretty famous in Europe for its handling capability! Therefore, i said "Might" and "No doubt" in my reply!
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Civic type R in europe would have much better handling then the 306 too. Sorry i don't know what to say. Pretty shocked when I hear u comparing type R to 306, they saying it might even be better. I've never heard those cars being compare before but NO NO NO.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    LOL, we are relaxed nah was just suprised at that comment... didn't c gingangooly's one. but i get wot ur referring to now... he was talking about a front end kinda point and shoot handling... but then again the itr feels exactly like that, is more well balanced, so i would think it'll handle and "feel" better then a 306... btw, i luv the 306, was gonna get one. i luv hot hatches!

Quote Originally Posted by lovesil
    Also, no doubt that 306 might handle better than Type R for a FF car, but it will never match a Type R's speed! To me, i think Type R is the best all rounder!
    yeah, u said "might" and "no doubt" but read it again! LOL. sounds like u saying "the 306 might handle better then type r, no doubt"

anyway this goin off topic... back to fto.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Quote Originally Posted by EK9
    LOL, we are relaxed nah was just suprised at that comment... didn't c gingangooly's one. but i get wot ur referring to now... he was talking about a front end kinda point and shoot handling... but then again the itr feels exactly like that, is more well balanced, so i would think it'll handle and "feel" better then a 306... btw, i luv the 306, was gonna get one. i luv hot hatches!

yeah, u said "might" and "no doubt" but read it again! LOL. sounds like u saying "the 306 might handle better then type r, no doubt"

anyway this goin off topic... back to fto.
    i don't know what 306's you've been driving me old china, but the gti6, s16 and xsi's that i drove leave any honda for dead in terms of steering feel and on road body composure. in fact, hondas have shithouse steering feel, they're famous for it. if you drove both back to back (as i did in the case of a 306 gti6) you'd see what i mean. i don't know what they'd be like on the track, but they certainly feel more fun to chuck around on the street, despite the primative rear suspension setup.
    And so it begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Sp3rMz
    Civic type R in europe would have much better handling then the 306 too. Sorry i don't know what to say. Pretty shocked when I hear u comparing type R to 306, they saying it might even be better. I've never heard those cars being compare before but NO NO NO.
    obviously you've had extensive time analysing the performance, feel and datalogging both cars around silverstone (sarcasm is intentional).

does green mean your a moderator?

seriously, i'd expect a moderator to not have such a bad case of denial. that has to be one of the single most ill informed comments i've had the displeasure of reading on these forums. *clap clap* well done mate.

of course, if you have indeed partaken in the aformentioned analysis, i make a full and humble appology
    Last edited by ginganggooly; 11-01-2005 at 07:32 PM.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    obviously you've had extensive time analysing the performance, feel and datalogging both cars around silverstone (sarcasm is intentional).

does green mean your a moderator?

seriously, i'd expect a moderator to not have such a bad case of denial. that has to be one of the single most ill informed comments i've had the displeasure of reading on these forums. *clap clap* well done mate.

of course, if you have indeed partaken in the aformentioned analysis, i make a full and humble appology
    ROFL....

Disabled Array
    Car:
    No problems bro. Acutally sorry for your displeasure. Truth is its the first time i've heard such comprassion and it took me by suprise. Honest truth i wouldnt have a clue how a 306 handling is like. The comment of european CTR came from Top Gear, i automatically assumed it was the top handling car by the way they were hyping about it and maybe miss heard what they said. My comments have not come from personal denial but rather from other peoples hype about tegs is the best handling and also from me owning one myself. Sorry once again for your displeasure and misleading anyone else whom read what i said.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    No problems bro. Acutally sorry for your displeasure. Truth is its the first time i've heard such comprassion and it took me by suprise. Honest truth i wouldnt have a clue how a 306 handling is like. The comment of european CTR came from Top Gear, i automatically assumed it was the top handling car by the way they were hyping about it and maybe miss heard what they said. My comments have not come from personal denial but rather from other peoples hype about tegs is the best handling and also from me owning one myself. Sorry once again for your displeasure and misleading anyone else whom read what i said.
    .... a humble man.... =

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    i don't know what 306's you've been driving me old china, but the gti6, s16 and xsi's that i drove leave any honda for dead in terms of steering feel and on road body composure. in fact, hondas have shithouse steering feel, they're famous for it. if you drove both back to back (as i did in the case of a 306 gti6) you'd see what i mean. i don't know what they'd be like on the track, but they certainly feel more fun to chuck around on the street, despite the primative rear suspension setup.
    Hey mate, you seem to have alot of valet experience.......
    Action speak louder than words

i guess my comments appear harsher than they should.

i don't doubt the brilliance of the euro ctr- but you really do need to have a quick fang in a peugeot. i'm not saying the peugeot is superior, just pointing out that you shouldn't be so shocked at the comparison, nor should you be writing it off so easily.
    if you are into the euro magazines, it's worth noting that evo placed the clio sport 180 rs, or whatever the fudge it is, ahead of the euro ctr in some comparo a while back... i've never driven a clio sport, or a euro civic type-r so any feelings that i harbour towards either car are based on magazine ho ha. i did however, have a good drive of the peugeot's and a few hondas before settling on the integra. in a way, i regretted my purchase... i thought that just fixing up the suspension to type-r spec would make it more enjoyable than the peugeot, it didn't. and having driven type-r's in small doses (only on the street mind you) they don't give me the same urge to throw the car at roundabouts that the peugeots did.

i'm just illustrating the point that the whole best handling fwd debate is not exactly a done deal in favour of honda
    And so it begins...