Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    will u accept a virtual hug as an appology :P
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    I will accept the hug..... even though you don't owe me one :]

I recommend doing a compression test on all four cylinders both wet and dry and also a leak down test and then reporting it back here so we can help you out further =]

i got the problem with changing froom 2 to 3rd too, and wht u can do is to double clutch it means 2nd > N > 3rd, this will fix the problem, have to do it real fast

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 type R
    yea my car takes out gray smoke, but only wen vtec kicks in.
    And my gearbox wen im in 4th gear and i want to drop it down to 3rd, it wont go in and if i try to get it in gear it crunches

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    i believe when you have an issue with your car, FIRSTLY do a search, i guarantee you someone has had the same issue as you, secondly check everything you know how to check relevent to your problem.

in your case abe, firstly put some new oil in it. then tell us how you go
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Quote Originally Posted by abe View Post
    yea my car takes out gray smoke, but only wen vtec kicks in.
    And my gearbox wen im in 4th gear and i want to drop it down to 3rd, it wont go in and if i try to get it in gear it crunches
    same thing happen to me, its imposible to get into 3rd from 4th high revs. double clutch when u gear down too, acce abit when ur in N and go in 3rd

I'm the person who's having the same problem.
    I've bought honda MTF-06 oil for my gearbox. i can say that when vtec is engaged in 2nd gear, shifting to 3rd didnt stop the crunching. and its only when shifting in this sequence that the gear grinds/crunches. although it did make shifting other gears slightly smoother.
    My mates and i were talking one night and came to a thought of maybe a short shifter could fix the problem. you could give that a go and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    synchromesh is gone/going... means gearbox over haul... you could however try using a thicker oil.

I am i fond believer of Honda OEM oils... which you can purchase from your local Honda dealership.

If your a spirited driver, i recommend REDLINE LIGHTWEIGHT SHOCKPROOF...

PS: I use to own a swift gti turbo, and swift are renound for having absolutely shocking gearbox's and Redline lightweight shockproof got rid of my 1st to 2nd crunch... and also did the same for a few of my mates.

Reguarding the engine mount it would probably be your rear engine mount... easy way to check is to put your hand break on hard, get someone to watch the engine, then put car in first and release clutch and watch for engine movement.
    you could possibly try what Alexplicit said and use redline oil and see how that goes. if you do please let me know how it goes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 type R
    Thanks alot guys il give that redline a go and let u know how that goes

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    gota recommend OEM honda oils only for gearbox, power steering and brake/clutch fluid.
    OEM Brakes fluid is crap, and the gearbox oil isn't very good either. All depends on what application though.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    OEM Brakes fluid is crap, and the gearbox oil isn't very good either. All depends on what application though.
    whats wrong with it ? i havnt had any problems with it.
    what would you recommend.
    snapping 2nd..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 type R
    Is it normal for a Dc2r to burn engine oil?