Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Hahaha inspect valve clearance, you think they'll even open up the valve cover? Unless you stand there and watch them check the clearances.

So they charge you 3 hours of labour to change the oil.

As per Fredoops recommendation, I would do a tranny flush at the same time or earlier.
    Last edited by BigBen; 13-12-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Hahaha inspect valve clearance, you think they'll even open up the valve cover? Unless you stand there and watch them check the clearances.

So they charge you 3 hours of labour to change the oil.

As per Fredoops recommendation, I would do a tranny flush at the same time or earlier.
    Thats why i do all my own servicing, everything is done properly. When I check the valve clearance on my 08 CU2, all the exhaust valves were tight.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    There is no tappet noise if they are tight
    Pretty sure that's what stndrd was alluding to?

And yeah I doubt they'd bother opening it up to check properly. Just have a listen. Best done DIY like you do, safest option and not a hard job anyway.

Just got mine done for 60,000km. Cost me $770 from my local mechanic. Got rear brake pads changed

Was that a valve clearance adjustment or just an inspection that blew away your $120?