Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! Car will not start ?! On my eg vti !! **********

hey guys , got a problem with my car , just turned my car on the other day, it was on for like 5 seconds and then just turned off b y itself and tried starting it again and it wont start.. just to forward everything its not having any spark at all , so i thought it was the dizzy , changed that over and still no spark ? checked all fuses and etc and it all seems to be all be okay.

any help would be appreciated !

cheeers

its is a EG VTI D16 single cam vtec

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic vtir
    could be ur timing????

as in timing belt ? need more info bro

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    Check your coilpack if it's getting any signal, that or your leads but doubtful as you say you are not getting any spark

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    how did you check that your not getting any spark, remove sparklead and earthed it?
    is the fuel pump clicking

you need a timing light to check your timing, if you replaced your dizzy without timing it you just retarded the timing,
    instead of replacing the dizzy straight away, should've checked the plugs, re gapped them. get a multimetre and check resistance on leads
    how's the battery
    hows the fuel
    any previous electrical faults in regards to hard starts or anything? prior to this
    Last edited by na-118; 06-10-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

if it started then stalled its most likely the ignition coil or igniter unit failed. More so since its not sparking.

Stop trying to start it and replace the ignition coil - see if that gets it started.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    if it started then stalled its most likely the ignition coil or igniter unit failed. More so since its not sparking.

Stop trying to start it and replace the ignition coil - see if that gets it started.
    hey ban thanks for the help but ive already changed over with another dizzy and still no good ? what do u reckon.. 2 mechanics came to look at it

one mechanic changed over to another dizzy , no good.
    and the other did test to the electrical , and said it could be the ECU or somewhere has gone wrong from the wiring loom , maybe loose plug, or faulty cables ?? he said he has to take the wiring loom apart and look ? could this be the problem as i know his gonna rip me off.

cheers guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c
    same thing happened to my car man my timin belt skipped its teeth and snapped my sparkplug that could be the problem?? or maybe fuel pump.. my mate was driving b4 in his eg vti then all of a sudden it turned off he changed the fuel pump and it was all good.
    gimme ur bbs wheels :P

Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    car fixed?

nopes

does the sound of the engine turning over sound like a little different from usual?

nopes, sounds normal .. just has no spark

apparently mechanic says it could be a problem in the loom or the ECU ?

can this be a problem ?