Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whats the power gain from this header though...
    Ive heard comptech is decent for it's price...
    Also T1R headers are apparently decent aswell...
    Don't know the comparison to Toda Headers though
    Last edited by WATAJK; 08-10-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Yeah p33r you were right I was looking at the wrong quote lol. $140 shipping, so $595 all up including spring bolts and angled CEL. Would definately be keen in a group buy. But it is a cat delete header, so it wouldnt exactly be legal... Unless youre prepared to have a cat welded into it. Theres also a risk of exhaust leaks from where the header is pieced together. Ive heard you should use some sort of sealant. It also says that theyre out of stock until October 7, which was yesterday, so probably worth checking that theyre back in stock before ordering. Plenty of good deals on there while the dollar is strong. Theyre predicting it to reach up to 103 cents!!! Imagine the savings!!!

And +1 for dyno chart.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Integra Type
    if not these headers, maybe can we do a group buy on another??????? or any other parts people are after while the dollar is strong!
    My DC5 type S mods - so far...
    Red H badges/J's Racing Strut&Engine Damper/Gruppe M/Buddy Club RSD/J's Rear Strut/J's Camber Arms/JDM rear Floor bar/EP3r Front Sway

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    should throw up the idea on clubitr, they've done group buys successfully in the past.

Yeah but whats actually the gain of the ClubRSX header though.... Rather group buy on TODA Headers if it's not a great improvement...

I'd be up for a group buy on toda headers too, they were the ones I was going to go with originally anyway. Reviews on clubrsx say they're great bang for buck, but I'll see if I can track down a dyno chart or some power figures

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A

Not sure if this will help but this was a header comparison graph i came across when i was researching it before i brought them

Before i purchased this i was also after the Toda headers i'd assume toda would have better gains and overall be a better header being branded toda but the point being is the price difference worth the extra gains from clubrsx header --> toda header in reality on a N/A car the power difference will be very minimal/un-noticeable but that's my opinion

just ask yourself this, if your after every kw gain you can attain and track your car regularly and cash isn't a problem then go the toda, if your cars a daily/weekend and just after abit more power and have a budget then get the clubrsx headers

in the end they are both very good headers either way you will be getting yourself a nice treat

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    i was initially looking at the toda header too before i came across these. at the end of the day i couldn't really justify spending so much for on just a daily/non track car. keeping in mind you'd have to change the sway bar as well meaning more $. agree with above post, toda do give the best gains but clubrsx would be for those like me who are not as rich and still want great gains, which is what i've heard for the clubrsx header. Then again i've had no personal experience, this is just from everyone who has compared them.

clubrsx headers are back in stock for those who want to know. http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CLU-SSRH.html

Definitely up for a group buy, anyone wanna get this organised?

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    +1 for interest
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

+1 Toda Header Group buy...

Ok guys ive done a bit of research, sifted through over 40 pages of reviews on ClubRSX, and this is what ive found...

Basically the guys on ClubRSX compare these headers to the DC Sports race header. However they believe the CRSX one has a slightly better design resulting in better flow. This header is also designed to match the runner order with the cylinder firing order, which the DC header design doesnt do. Its a cat-delete header, so it will be quite loud when coupled with an aftermarket cat back. The header also comes disassembled, so you have to put it together when it arrives. Or ClubRSX can do it for you for a fee. Looks quite simple, yet ive heard of a few fitment issues that have arisen because the pipes haven't been put together properly. But if you use a bit of commonsense and patience youll be sweet. There are also a few concerns about slight exhaust leaks around the donut gasket. I would be hesitant to try weld/glue the runner pipes together, because the header has no flex pipe so it may crack. When you buy the header, you have the option of getting some spring bolts and and angled CEL defouler. Definately spend the extra $30 bucks, its worth it. There have also been a few cases of cars throwing up the check engine light (the orange one) even with the defouler. But these are quite rare, and apparently some steel wool in the O2 sensor fixes this. Because it is a cat-delete header, you'll probably be able to smell fuel when you're at the lights lol, but apparently its not that bad. You wont need to change the OEM sway bar as with the TODA header either. Dyno sheets Ive seen from a bog stock Type S with these headers as the only mod show around 190 whp. With a CAI and a decent cat back, you should see 220+ whp. Not bad for a header that is only 550 bucks. The way i see it, why spend an extra 2 grand on TODA headers for an extra few kw, when with that extra 2 grand you could get an intake manifold, throttle body, cold air intake, and still have leftover cash, and make more power than if you just had the TODA header.

Just my 2 cents. Ill be getting these Youtube 'kiddracing' if you want to hear how it sounds.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Nuci; 13-10-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    well done !! good effort !!

+1 for still interested
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD