Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c

Car not starting

battery was charged but car didnt start when i turned the key it didnt crank what could be the problem??
    fuel pump, start motor, alternator??
    let me know what u think it is and roughly how much to fix
    cheers

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    I'd start by checking the ignition system...
    Start switch (key)
    Starter motor solinoid (Check the trigger wire hasn't come loose on the solinoid itself too, sometime the spade connector becomes loose with age)
    Starter motor
    Main fuse...

Cost wise? Depends how long it takes...
    At a guess, upwards of $50 + parts if required.
    (It's probably something really simple, but it may be an expensive component failure)
    You local mechanic should be able to sort it out for you.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c
    yeah my mates thought that was the problem to they tried knocking the starter motor or something.. and they took it out to have a look it was fine. mechanic came and had a look apparently he thinks the timing belt wasnt changed properly by the previous owner and 1 of the pistons broke the sparkplug or something. took it out the sparkplug was completely threaded and gone.
    does any1 know where i can get this fix for cheap.. apparently its about 1grand

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c
    yeah my mates thought that was the problem to they tried knocking the starter motor or something.. and they took it out to have a look it was fine. mechanic came and had a look apparently he thinks the timing belt wasnt changed properly by the previous owner and 1 of the pistons broke the sparkplug or something. took it out the sparkplug was completely threaded and gone.
    does any1 know where i can get this fix for cheap.. apparently its about 1grand

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    LOL.. that means you blew your head if it threaded the shit out of your sparkplug...

geegee.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    ur probably better of getting a 2nd hand motor
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c
    Also the cap is abit milky

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg turbo
    Well if you said that one of your spark plugs were threaded inside then it had to be the person who placed the spark plug in. He/She must of either twist it too tight or loose. Which then caused the pistons to have a unbalance compression, and then led to the engine blowing up. Sorry to say mate your engine is a GONER. There is nothing else you can do, the engine is destroyed cannot rebuild it.