Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine swap

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c

Engine swap

bought an ek with b18c apparently if its 1.6l and jumps up to 1.8l i dont need engineers cert the engines been registered for 2years by the previous owner went to rta to change name over they said i need engines cert can any1 help me out??

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Nah u dnt...which rta u go too....if the engine is already registered then u shouldnt need a engineers cert. What did they say wen u told them the motor is already on their system?

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    If 1.8litre engine isnt registered to the car then you need to get it blueslipped.

Blueslip is like $60-80 i think.

All you need to do , is take the car to any official blue slipper and get them to "adjustment of records". This updates your engine number to your chassis. This is sent to the RTA , which you will recieve a new rego paper and stocker in the mail with updated details.

Costs $35 or so.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c
    i bought the car with rego already and umm apparently i heard if it goes up by .2l i dont need a engineers cert. but the previous owner said the engines already rego'd to the car when came to change name over they go the engines a d16y4

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by deezy View Post
    i bought the car with rego already and umm apparently i heard if it goes up by .2l i dont need a engineers cert. but the previous owner said the engines already rego'd to the car when came to change name over they go the engines a d16y4
    It sounds like it hasn't been changed then. Did you do a REVS check before buying the car? if you did, did you read it carefully. If the engine number had been changed it would be on the REVS document.

Did they allow you to register it in your name with the incorrect engine number?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Deezy, do what Ben said.... That's it..........

You've obviously been dicked around by the previous owner.......But the car is yours now so it's your problem, just go get engine number changed at a blueslip place, costed me like $28 to get it done on my EG.

Nothing else to be said.

I'm preety sure they cant refuse transfer of personal details & rego due to an engine number.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    might require proof of purcahse for mtor too
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I didn't need one, RTA didn't ask, neither did the blueslip place.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    I didn't need one, RTA didn't ask, neither did the blueslip place.
    RTA do ask as i did mine and ask for a JP cert (Justices of the Peace ) document with how u got motor when i handed the blue slip in to transfer engine number over
    Normal there a JP at post offices

You best go to the RTA First ask for print out of the your vehicle info (VIn number, Engine number, etc) and then check it with your engine number in your engine block

Then after you check that if incorrect then go get a bluelip to "adjustment of records" to the correct engine number

Got a question do you have anything else which has been change to your Ek? if so may a engineers cert be a good thing to help you next time you get pull over by copper less defects or none
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek B18c
    yeah got cf bonnet and pod thats prob the only defects that need engineers cert.. well the car still has abit of rego ill prob go get a blueslip then
    i just heard if the car goes up by .2l u dont need engineers cert from quite a few people
    thanks 4 help guyz let u guys know what happens next lol

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    bump didn't want to make a new thread. But once a 1.6L jumps to a 1.8L would it be p plate legal in NSW? I'm from QLD and might be moving back to sydney. I heard about the 15% capacity thing.