Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A

A breif introduction.

Hi there,

My reasons for joining your forum are probably a bit different to most, but first a bit of a background about me.

I worked for many Honda Dealers/Repairers in Melbourne during my time as a Mechanic. Ward Motors - Box Hill, Honda Motor Wreckers/Menzell Automotive - Mitcham, Highway Honda - Dandenong, and ended up as the Service Manager at New World Honda/Macquarie Honda in Newcastle NSW. Due to a back injury I havent worked as a Mechanic for about 15 years though. Although I have always loved the Honda product, and recently talked my Son into buying a Black City, my "project of choice" at the moment is my Mini.

I am a member of the AusMINI Forum and have watched many posts on the Starlet GT engine conversions that seem to be the most popular. There are also 1 or 2 B16/B18 VTEC's that have been done as well as Suzuki Swift GTi and even a 3 cyl Daihatsu Turbo.

After my Son bought his City I very quickly measured up the Engine/Gearbox and realised that it will fit!! So to add a new slant on the Hybrid Mini scene I want to put an L15 iVTEC into my Mini. So as my Honda info is a bit lacking at the moment I though I should join your wonderful Forum. Maybe I'll find a Jazz/City owner that is doing a K series conversion that has a spare motor gearbox for me

Anyway, thats a bit about me for now, and who knows, maybe I'll be able to pull some useful info out of the recesses of my memory that may help some of you too.

Cheers,

Dicko

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Welcome here Dicko, great to have you here.

have fun

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    welcome to the forum...i am also a big fan of mini...great little car!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Welcome Dicko!
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    would love to see this!

welcome
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    So why use the city engine? 1.5 litre SOHC versus say a B16A which is DOHC with a touch more displacement and loads more aftermarket support and well known track record...