Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda Accord Euro

Accord Euro Clutch

guys,

need a new clutch fopr my euro, want an aftermarket one considering i only got 40 k out of my honda one....anybody know where i can get one or even if they have them yet?

thanks

coco

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    send Exedy an email, the website is www.exedy.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAccEuro
    guys,

need a new clutch fopr my euro, want an aftermarket one considering i only got 40 k out of my honda one....anybody know where i can get one or even if they have them yet?

thanks

coco
    What the - is this not covered by warranty? How much is the replacement Honda one? Is there anything you do that impacts clutch life (eg at a stoplight do you have the clutch depressed or when you slow down to a stop do you gear down 4 to 3 to 2, etc?). This is crap news.
    Last edited by yfin; 09-01-2005 at 05:23 PM.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Do u mean 40Kms or 40000kms? That is fast for a clutch to wear out.. have you been sliding and dumping it in high RPM??

You are beginning to worry me now ........
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Clutch should be covered under the warranty...

I know mine was covered under warranty when i burnt the clutch on my euro... They replaced the clutch plate under warranty and gave me a warning if i burnt it again it won't be covered under warranty...

My car smelt of burnt plastics for like 3 weeks...

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    it is so strange to have a clutch go so quickly on a Honda.

Pum[Z] - how did you kill yours?

Which is a better way to slow your car down? I just push the clutch in...

Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    What the - is this not covered by warranty? How much is the replacement Honda one? Is there anything you do that impacts clutch life (eg at a stoplight do you have the clutch depressed or when you slow down to a stop do you gear down 4 to 3 to 2, etc?). This is crap news.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by splunk
    Which is a better way to slow your car down? I just push the clutch in...
    See red light - push clutch in, change into neutral and coast to a stop - use your brakes to slow down to a stop - rather than the engine. Also don't sit at the traffic lights in gear with your foot on the clutch pedal - sit in netural. Then put into first as lights are about to change green.

I know this is different to what most driving instructors in Victoria teach for those going for their P plates. They say you must always be in gear otherwise you are not in "control" of the car. Nonsense. They also say you should gear down to a stop - ie 4 to 3 to 2 to 1.
    Last edited by yfin; 10-01-2005 at 05:04 PM.

err...I disagree.
    you should always slow down in gear, when before reaching to a complete stop (around 5-10kph) you can change it to neutral.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by baboo
    err...I disagree.
    you should always slow down in gear, when before reaching to a complete stop (around 5-10kph) you can change it to neutral.
    Lots of different views on this so I doubt we will reach consensus. It also depends on the circumstances - eg I will not coast on long hills, etc. I would prefer to replace brake pads than clutches and gearboxes. My dad, a mechanic of 35 years also advocates the method I describe above.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdongers
    it is so strange to have a clutch go so quickly on a Honda.

Pum[Z] - how did you kill yours?
    Long complicated story.. It was raining, the VSA was turned off, there were 4 ppl in my car, loud music in the car, and i was giving my car a bit of stick...

When i was changing to gear 2 due to the combination of 4 ppl in the car, loud music, vsa turned off and it was raining, my car could not get any traction and kinda did a burnout for a bit of a while...

In the end thats what burnt my clutch.. I only had done a tad more then 4000km on the car... Luckily it was covered by warranty.. Got to be more careful now with the clutch...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum[Z]
    When i was changing to gear 2 due to the combination of 4 ppl in the car, loud music, vsa turned off and it was raining, my car could not get any traction and kinda did a burnout for a bit of a while...
    Let me try and get this... Effectively, your wheels were spinning due to the water on the road, but how does that burn out a clutch if it's already in and on the drivetrain unless your foot is planted halfway on the clutch and that would explain the clutch burning out because it's sliding under load...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru