Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree with vyets. If you are to lazy to shift 1-2-3-4-5-6... Then get an auto. sure, S2000's do shift more then a normal performance V8 or something, but personally I prefer having that sort of controll over how the engine ahndlers the power. I drove an auto for years, and I hated it. give me a manual any day! And.. give me mroe then 6 gears!!! i often find myself searching for 7th when I forget just what I've got.

I do have an auto car and i also dislike it. Hate is such a strong word. Lol..
    I never said I was lazy to shift. Im lazy to shift constantly in certain traffic conditions. That y I changed from my civic to the s2k. I like how they've spread the gearing in it. I haven't tried a 4.7 in an s but if I'm not mistaken that the same as the b18crs fd. Obviously the gearbox ratios are different but that was a little too close for my liking. Fun as hell but i cant do that daily anymore. Getting old.. Lol
    I used to skip gears hear and here with the civic and it never had any dramas. milage was higher than my s And I treated my eg like how it was supposed to be. And it never had a drama.
    I got a 4.4 in the s and I'm happy with that. If i really get lazy ill look at fi.. And taller ratios but im not sure the box will cope. For me a 4.7 would be too close.
    Don't u mod to get the car to handle how u like it?
    Btw.. I wouldn't mind trying the s with a dsg or something similar. Lol.
    Holy crap.. I must be getting old.

I regularly rev high in second gear so by the time I hit 3rd there's really no need to accelerate so I simply go 2nd to 4th...
    What's the point of going 2 > 3 when all you're going to do a second later is cluctch in and shift to 4th and continue cruising?

Haven't had a problem for over 2 years.

Yeah.. Thats what I used to do in the civic. Apparently that's not good for the s2k box. As many people have damaged their boxes in the states. But as top gear has shown. Alot of yanks can't drive stick. Lol. So like they said. It's hit n miss. Some people will have dramas with that and some don't. Some dudes have had boxes rebuilt numerous times.
    Could be that they didn't wait abit before stickin it in the gear. Or purely just can't drive manual.
    either way. I've stopped doin that just as precaution. There seemed to be too many of them for my liking. As we also know the European cars had recalls to change an oil valve in the motor for the s but they never did it here. So who knows if it's really the root of the cause. it could just be a bad driver. Or poor maitainece.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sausage legs
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    What's the point of going 2 > 3 when all you're going to do a second later is cluctch in and shift to 4th and continue cruising?
    From reading the S2Ki post, shifting to 3rd takes off some of the force the engine exerts on the gearbox which, if you shift straight from 2nd to 4th, may 'mushroom' the gear because 4th gear can't handle the extra force.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Regardless of the car and make, most manual cars are in 4th at 60-80km/h S2K's included. If you so lazy to change gears, and can't understand why skipping gears in torture on synchro's perhaps buying an S2K was bad choice and maybe an auto CR-V is more your thing.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    Regardless of the car and make, most manual cars are in 4th at 60-80km/h S2K's included. If you so lazy to change gears, and can't understand why skipping gears in torture on synchro's perhaps buying an S2K was bad choice and maybe an auto CR-V is more your thing.
    When I skip gears I actually wait an extra bit of time for the revs to come down then release the clutch, which makes the shift smooth. Is that the type of force you're talking about?

Redlining 1st, shifting to 2nd and releasing the clutch before the revs go enough down is just as bad right?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    not quite, ur gearbox has a bigger difference in speeds to try and match

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by migoreng View Post
    Redlining 1st, shifting to 2nd and releasing the clutch before the revs go enough down is just as bad right?
    Actually that's what the driveline was designed to do, providing your not flat changing. Your actually not doing the syncro's any favours by letting the revs drop. Goodluck.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    WTF?!?!?! This is a wierd thread.. lol...

WHY IS S2000 NOT MEANT TO BE DRIVEN PROPERLY??? 1-3-5??? WTF??? WIERDO!!!! thats like saying lock your car first then put your windows up after....
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Sometimes you have just redlined 1st from the lights, gave a bit of a squirt in second and already hit the speed limit say ,80kph...
    What do you do?
    -Shift to 3rd for half a second, then 4th for another second then 5th?
    -I could clutch in , move the shift to 5th, wait for the revs to drop enough then release the clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by aznsiko View Post
    WTF?!?!?! This is a wierd thread.. lol...

WHY IS S2000 NOT MEANT TO BE DRIVEN PROPERLY??? 1-3-5??? WTF??? WIERDO!!!! thats like saying lock your car first then put your windows up after....
    Nice input aznsiko.. Lot of info there..
    PS.. Ive never seen an impure N/A.. Show me some pics..