DC5R Track Day Prep

Asked on ClubITR but thought i'd ask here aswell as others have been to the track and obviously i'd be similar to any other car yes?

I got my first track day on the 22nd November =D SO EXCITED!!

Making the long drive to wakefield park from melbourne so will be a awesome drive, leaving a day prior so i can sleep a night to rest up

I've got new tyres, got abit of scrubbing but nothing over the top that's caused me any problems...

Im wondering what things should i aim to get done prior to my track day up there?? (Shift Performance Track Day)

What should i aim to bring with me aswell etc...
    I know the necessities are a helmet, no flamable clothing but any other recommendations would be good guys
    I'll have my car serviced minorly, motor oil changed over and front pads changed prior to the drive up there...
    Everything else seems fine as im getting my engine warning light checked this week...

Appreciate it guys

Thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ay+preperation

have a read through that
    GL on the 22nd

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    oh nice! is it open for spectators? my dad and I have wanted to go watch some racing and we're only in ACT so not very far from wakefield.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

just install a cheap oil cooler, it sucks without one cause then you gotta do heaps of cool down laps n thats not fun...
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    oh nice! is it open for spectators? my dad and I have wanted to go watch some racing and we're only in ACT so not very far from wakefield.
    yes its open for spectators

scrubbing a bit on the street = alot on the track

It's on my area thats scrubbing im expecting it to be because my shockers have blown >.>
    Got a set of shockers on the way for today hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by _bORdO_ View Post
    yes its open for spectators
    woot!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Some things to consider:

Don't pull handbrake when u come back into pits, neutral or in gear and turn off the car.
    Bonnet up to help cool the car down after doing laps.
    If no oil cooler, 2-3 hot laps followed by 2 cooldown laps, rinse and repeat.
    Keep check on oil levels during each session to make sure you're not burning too much oil, if you are, top up.
    Don't pass through corners unless you're waved through.

Have fun, type rs are good on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by munkaii View Post
    Some things to consider:

Don't pull handbrake when u come back into pits, neutral or in gear and turn off the car.
    Bonnet up to help cool the car down after doing laps.
    If no oil cooler, 2-3 hot laps followed by 2 cooldown laps, rinse and repeat.
    Keep check on oil levels during each session to make sure you're not burning too much oil, if you are, top up.
    Don't pass through corners unless you're waved through.

Have fun, type rs are good on the track.
    This is something i really needed to hear !!
    Thank u very much

I thought it was warm up
    Hot lap
    cool down...
    Hearing i can do 2-3 hot laps then cool down laps to follow makes it much better
    Ive got oil temp and pressure gauges in my car so i will be able to monitor both of them

Thanks buddy!

More info!!!

forgot about the warm up. probably takes 2-3 good laps to get some heat into the tyres. you can gun it down the straights but make sure you break early or you'll understeer.