Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Get the prefacelift gsi, you get the electric sunroof lol. As for the loud drive, yes they're pretty noisy and things tend to rattle a little (drivers window must be either up or down, not inbetween lol). Having said that, its a really comfortable car to drive imo. Fair bit of power, most people think they look sexy, a simple exhaust system can make them sound great and they stick to the road like glue. You can thrash a dc2/4 around a small roundabout at a million miles an hour and it will still stick.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    IM GONNA HAVE TO SAY NONE OF THE THREE CHOICES....
    YOU WOULD HAVE A MUCH BETTER TIME AND NOT REGRET IT IF YOU SAVE A LITTLE EXTRA AND BUY EITHER A DC2 V-TIR INTEGRA OR AN EK4 OR EM1 CIVIC VTi-R
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    no need to yell son.

and about the road noise, nehh there not that bad the windows do, do the rattle thing, but easy fix there is a diy about fixing it somewhere,

as i believe i comes down to it, your biggest bang for buck and good looks factor it has to be the the dc2/dc4

good luck
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    oh and i just read your reply, yes my type r i love her . its a genuine jdm type r so no modifictions there, you can do the jdm conversion and still drive and insure it.

doing the jdm conversion is pretty simple if your quite crafty with body work and getting all those silly located screws and clips, and im pretty sure you have to change your top radiator support, so that one will have to be done professionally or diy if your good enough. something i wouldnt be thinking about doing for a while anyway
    Last edited by Alexplicit; 14-10-2010 at 08:17 AM.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    i've seen some decent dc2's with decent mileage going in the past for under 8k, so i wouldn't rule them out just yet.
    If the dc2/dc4 is the car you want, don't settle. Just be patient and a nice one will pop up eventually.
    good luck bud

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    I recently picked up my dc2 vti-r, 140,000 kms stock as a rock from a 40yo+ couple for $6500

You just have to be patient man, hope for the best goodluck
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You can get a decent VTi-R Integra, which for $7g is my suggestion. Otherwise get an engine-swapped car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    if your interest in an ej8, ill be sellin mine very soon. done 15X,XXX km and manual =]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1-Facelifted
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    You ask so many questions LOL

Ek1 Sedan = Ek gli/vti sedan
    Ek1 Hatch = Ek cxi/gli Hatch
    Ek4 = EK VTi-r Hatch

EJ6 = EK gli (auto) coupe
    EJ8 = EK VTi Coupe
    EM1 = EK VTI-R Coupe

Eh were never my thing. You have to read my posts more clearly mate, I've alreayd said the EG was HATCH.
    I can't stand pre facelifted EK so yeah it was face lifted.

Probably the best to go for in that price range is EK1 hatch of sedan or EJ8 and just do small stuff. No need to start thinking of the engine swap now. It wont be for a LONG while.
    Thanks for teh chassis info! Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get all my facts straight before I go spend heapsa moneys.

@actgooner: Haha, yeah the prefacelifted gsi, has the sunroof, however I prefer the facelifted teggy's front bar. I know that you can do the "conversion" and I'd rather go the jdm front, if I ever had to do a front conversion.

@pablos8: Did you name your car isabel? That's awesome! I was going to name mine that, haha

@nam.qhc: Atm, I'm extremely low on cash so I MIGHT not be able to save up in time, when you're selling.

P.S Thanks to everyone for their contributions!
    Last edited by mloo; 14-10-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Need to reply to more peeps