Lightbulb DC5R Electrical Issues (Multiplex Unit) - HELP!!!

Hey all,

Went to start my DC5R just before and some weird things happened. My parking brake light (!) stayed on while the park brake was off. I know that this could also mean problems with brake pads or brake fluid, but theyre both fine. Also, my remote central locking has stopped working, the chime to tell me ive left my headlights on wont work, same with the chime to say ive left my keys in the ignition. The interior light also wont come on when i open the doors.

Ive checked all my fuses and theyre fine. Ive done some research on honda-tech and a few people had similar issues. They say its the "Multiplex Control Unit", which is apparently the fuse box. Can anyone verify this? Or has anyone ever had similar problems? Dont wanna spend $300 on a new one if i dont have to.

Cheers in advance.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Have you tried reseting your battery?

Nah i havent you think that could fix it??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    im not to sure man, just give it a try it.

nothing to loose, unless you got tuned aftermarket ecu lol

Nah i dont. Ill give it a go though. Cheers mate.

Its been raining alot here the last week i thought maybe somehow something got shorted. Damn electrical gremlins.

Tried disconnecting the battery, no luck

Anyone?

Dude take it to my auto electrician.. he will tell ya wtf is wrong with the thing...
    Chuck me a PM of which area your from and go see him tomorrow... If he can fix it, he will... if he can't he'll be upfront...
    Honest bloke..
    CHuck me a PM...
    That warning light can be numerous things.. take it to a Auto Elec trust me.

Managed to fix the problem myself. Turns out it was the multiplex, which is inside the fuse box. Honda wanted $625 for a new one, but I was able to track down a 2nd hand one from a wrecker for $165. Pain in the ass, but saved some money so I'm happy.

Thanks for the input everyone. Cheers.