Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coilovers?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    $500 difference????

Quote Originally Posted by david_todd85 View Post
    I got a quote today for TEIN lowered springs installed with a "performance wheel allignment" and any bushes needed for $875. What do you reckon? $740 for the same with King Springs.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en
    The Ari Gold of OZ Honda Forums

Haha yeh, wrote that before I looked at the price in the link....... What about the MEGAN ones for 699? Any good? I'm pretty unsure about getting this stuff from the US, has anyone done this before? What sort of postage times am I looking at?

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by david_todd85 View Post
    Haha yeh, wrote that before I looked at the price in the link....... What about the MEGAN ones for 699? Any good? I'm pretty unsure about getting this stuff from the US, has anyone done this before? What sort of postage times am I looking at?
    i am also currently looking at the megan racing coils, seems to be pretty decent if your on a budget and if they wont see track days, so for just street driving i've heard some decent reviews from some forums in the US

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    i've got a question. no idea where to post this.
    i got buddy club n+ coilover installed on sunday, brought 2nd hand... (shoulda brought new..)
    driving around, no problems.
    just today on the way to work, 30 seconds onto the road, i hear this "KA DUNK" noise from the front of my car. wasnt sure if i ran over a small tree branch or something as i couldnt really see the road in the rearview mirror will all that sun glare on the road. pulled over in a service lane got out and see if there was anything unusual. everything seems to be fine, so i kept driving. then later on springvale road driving towards the eastern, i hear another noise, but different from the first one but kept driving to work. once i've gotten out, i checked the car and nothing seems wrong.

would anyone know what problem it could be? kinda getting paranoid. lol
    So i heard you like mudkipz

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If it is like a solid plastic knocking sound, then it could be the upper pillowball mount. If it sounds like a spring clunking sound, then the installer might have adjusted the height using the lower spring perch instead of properly using the damper body lower adjustable mount.

In this pic, you're supposed to undo the black locking ring that is holding against the damper body lower mount and adjust the height there. But there are some people who adjust it using the lower spring perch (purple ring near the bottom of the spring) which means that when you go over bumps, you can go beyond the damper's lowest point of travel which then cause the damper to hit the hard stop and the spring to make a noise.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    ah ok, well, my mate had to adjust it from the spring perch, cause one of the black ring slot was rounded from the previous owner. it was done to keep it even.
    the rear 2 is adjusted properly.
    is this an issue/ bad for the coilover?
    Last edited by d_evilz; 28-09-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    So i heard you like mudkipz