Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L

Lightbulb [CL9] Power Steering & Related Issues...

Hi,

Honda Accord Euro Std 2005 model, Silver.

My steering is shaking more than when i first bought the car, I got the fluid flushed and put new Honda fluid in but it didn't do much to improve the steering. It moves to the right or left a bit and also when i brake it shakes left and right very quickly like shudder or vibrates a lot...its getting tiring to hold the steering and i don't find it an acceptable thing for a relatively good car.

Would this work? http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Pow...ith_Stop_Leak/

I read on the forum that there maybe a power steering leak, well, how much does it cost to fix this?

how much would it cost for wheel alignment and where in Sydney are trustworthy?

Oh yeah haha and also how much are the platinum iridium spark plugs cost, and do spark plugs have anything to do with fuel efficiency?

Lastly the brakes make a woosh noise when i push it and the accelerator pedal shudders a bit when i push it sometimes.

Thanks for any help, i know the issues are small but they reduce the driving experience of what is such a great car to drive.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Hi Everyone,

I called Pedders and they do it for $120 they say they "check every mm" and do a proper job unlike others...

I called Bob Jane and they say $66

Obviously Bob Jane is tempting but do you think a proper job is done?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    prolly its ur pump that need to be replaced

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    oh ok...would you happen to know how much or where that could be done? You mean the power steering pump?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    I just did the Wheel Alignment through Pedders cost me $120...ouch haha...

The steering is MUCH better, less shuddering and it's straight now, have not tested it on the highway but it's good enough considering hte age of the car 110k's on it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post
    I just did the Wheel Alignment through Pedders cost me $120...ouch haha...

The steering is MUCH better, less shuddering and it's straight now, have not tested it on the highway but it's good enough considering hte age of the car 110k's on it.
    hi
    just curious, its close to or just out of warranty-wouldnt it be sensible to run it by the dealer as warranty issue?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    oh i bought it at 95000km's so i doubt it would still be under waranty...

Plus i only got a 3 month waranty on it when i bought it for 15k from a dealer at granville, not knocking the car its a nice one and the mechanic told me he found it faster and smoother than most euro's his serviced past this km mark.

I got quote for a service price of $400 today whch includes Spark plugs (aftermarket platinum iridium - he said the honda ones are no diff but more expensive), oil filter, royal purple oil and air filter and he will inspect the power steering hose.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post
    oh i bought it at 95000km's so i doubt it would still be under waranty...

Plus i only got a 3 month waranty on it when i bought it for 15k from a dealer at granville, not knocking the car its a nice one and the mechanic told me he found it faster and smoother than most euro's his serviced past this km mark.

I got quote for a service price of $400 today whch includes Spark plugs (aftermarket platinum iridium - he said the honda ones are no diff but more expensive), oil filter, royal purple oil and air filter and he will inspect the power steering hose.
    i would try warranty options first, if it falls under 3 months then they have to fix it. if not than this mechanic can check it out for you maybe? where is this mechanic doing all the above for $400?
    post some pics of the car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Yeah ive been waiting to do a full clean up and take photo's but never got round to it yet, it's beautiful though.

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/...-F-E-Autoworks

F&E Mechanics.

He does a lot of performance cars and he know's honda's esp. his brother has the same euro so knows what to do with them and charges competitive prices AND lets you watch him do all the work so good bloke, ask for Mat (you can mention Scott)

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    400 for the hose sounds about right.