Thread: DC5R - Lame key

DC5R - Lame key

Did all DC5Rs or all DC5 Integras for that matter come with the keys with the remote separated (like the CRV keys?). I'm just wondering why they did not incorporate the remote into the key like seen in the Accord Euros. Has anyone done any DC5R-->CL9 Keymod or are we stuck with the lame boring key and remote. Mine is all faded, hence the question.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Facelift DC5s (2004+) had the remote incorporated into the keys.
    Pre facelift DC5s (e.g. DC5R) had separate remote and keys (AFAIK the remotes are interchangeable and can be programmed to suit).

You could just get a new remote and program it to suit the DC5R.
    Its pretty easy to do as I've reprogrammed a remote from an 2001 ES1 Civic to work with a DC5R.
    Otherwise you can modify a Euro/DC5S key or something for a DC5R? (Not sure how to do this though)

Would you need to find a key cutter type place to do reprogramming for your keys? Considering ebaying a remote and doing it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    If you're talking about the key that goes into the ignition, then you'll most likely need Honda to program/cut it for you (which will cost an arm and a leg).
    Theres a code stored in the key. If it is not recognised by the ECU the immobiliser would be activated.
    I've heard of ppl saying that some key cutting places can do it etc etc but I've had no personal experience with them.

With the remote transponder, if you buy a genuine remote transponder then theyre easy to program.

Or are you talking about buying a different remote/key for your car? E.g. From an Accord Euro or something?

Yep the latter,

Taking the key and remote I have at the moment and possibly transferring it to one single key from facelift dc5 or cl9 etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Then you'd have to make sure the new remote transponder can be programmed for your car.
    Otherwise if need be you could just move the metal key part physically (diy)???

Example:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=Key

Example of programming a remote (though it will be different depending on the model):
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=Key