Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yeah i have to use engine braking alot more with drums

i think going from a Dc2 with ABS and discs all round to an EG with no ABS and rear drums - you really notice the difference
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF2 Feat B16A
    I've seen a few ek hatches with drum brakes...in melbourne they are everywhere..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Short answer: Yes

IMO Honda shouldn't have cheaped put on the EJ8 Coupe. Same with EM1 seats. Penny pinching.
    Spot on, which means i gotta fork out more for good seats an a proper rear brake setup, wish id gotten a em1 from the start now that i look back

Drums are very limited i found, they tend to not provide the correct brake balance an power when going into a corner, i dont feel the back end stop at all, feels uncomfortable, seems that all the front brakes are doin all the job, now as far as i know, yea fwd do have that trait, but from my car, it seems the back end brakes do nothing at all...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Spot on, which means i gotta fork out more for good seats an a proper rear brake setup, wish id gotten a em1 from the start now that i look back

Drums are very limited i found, they tend to not provide the correct brake balance an power when going into a corner, i dont feel the back end stop at all, feels uncomfortable, seems that all the front brakes are doin all the job, now as far as i know, yea fwd do have that trait, but from my car, it seems the back end brakes do nothing at all...

Arnt the rears only for handbrake?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by blastnpast View Post
    Arnt the rears only for handbrake?
    Nope, all 4 brakes have to be used to stop the car safely, which is why its best to have disc all around... drums are cheap an very old fashion, they dont have the required stopping power as any disc's

I think with civics with drums the brake bias is pretty much all put towards the front, like %80 front an %20 rear, thought im not sure, but thats what it feels like
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Nope, all 4 brakes have to be used to stop the car safely, which is why its best to have disc all around... drums are cheap an very old fashion, they dont have the required stopping power as any disc's
    maybe a little off topic - but I saw a friends NEW 2010 Ford Fiesta and it had drums on the rears! It's like year 2010 (well, 2011 now) and i can't believe manufacturers like Ford - we're not talking Great Wall here - are still producing cars with drums. Should be illegal IMO.

... we'll give you a car that has stability control, ABS etc but you get drums at the rear WTF honestly
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    maybe a little off topic - but I saw a friends NEW 2010 Ford Fiesta and it had drums on the rears! It's like year 2010 (well, 2011 now) and i can't believe manufacturers like Ford - we're not talking Great Wall here - are still producing cars with drums. Should be illegal IMO.

... we'll give you a car that has stability control, ABS etc but you get drums at the rear WTF honestly
    All about cost saving measure... anything to make the car cheaper to manufacture they will pretty much do, even on the new yaris they have drums, a car that size shouldnt be using drums at all
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Drums are the norm for sub $17K new cars, even in 2010. No surprises there. Your mate shouldn't have gotten the base model.

Yaris is a slug, so why bother putting on 4 wheel discs?

Cars look wack with alloys where you can see the drums. So un-sporty.

get a rear disc conversion if you are making more than 70kw at the wheels.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    17 HR-V VTi-S
    man id kill to have rear disc brakes atm....lol,

anyone selling a rear brake conversion kit, let me knw...abs is a must
    Why so? isnt the rear breaks only used when you apply the handbreak, which is only when you are parking??? makes no diff to your driving as it uses your front breaks whilst driving?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    lol did you even read the last page of posts?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeRice View Post
    Why so? isnt the rear breaks only used when you apply the handbreak, which is only when you are parking??? makes no diff to your driving as it uses your front breaks whilst driving?
    I jus realized my old my post where lol, 3 months later, i done the conversion, couldnt be more happy , and also the ej8 uses the same prop valve as em1, so no need to swap the prop valve over....

have u ever watched a race? notice that they all have disc brakes? its all about balance when it comes to brakes
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    17 HR-V VTi-S
    how much did the conversion cost you? and do you notice n e differences whilst breaking?

cheers =)