Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Type RR

Type RR

hey guys ive recently brought a DC2R picked it up pretty cheap.. and been driving it around stock as a rock ... but i think its about time i put a few upgrades on it.. could any one help me with some good upgrades without having to crack open the engine? ill post some pics when i get time to take some photos !! thanks for the help!

Member Array
    Car:
    dog
    Injen CAI, Exhaust, Headers?
    Exterior - Optional side skirts/rear pods/Visors/Coilovers and the list goes on.

Please search before posting stuff like this up...
    O god... this is going to turn ugly before it gets closed...

IN!

are u in brisbane?? saw a dc2r with the places 'TYPE RR'

is that you?

sorry yea i should of searched first !! umm what is a good brand for headers? around the 800$ mark? or is that too cheap? sorry yea im new to owning a honda so i dont really know much about good brands of headers etc

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Wouldn't go past Toda.
    I think there's one for sale here for DC2R around 1k.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Want to know the best upgrade for your car???

It goes by the name of Google.

Should use it sometime, it's amazing man.
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    First of all man, what is your budget?

Without cracking open the motor, your best bang-for-your-buck mods are:

-Intake
    Look into getting a good Cold Air Intake, such as an Injen. You should notice gains in the mid-top end, and it will give you a nice note in VTEC You'll be looking $420 + Shipping from JDMyard.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-USA-*JDMyard*

-Headers
    As has been mentioned, you really can't go past a good set of headers, and this is a worthwhile mod. Brands such a Toda/Spoon/Mugen can get pretty expensive ($1000+) but as with most things, you get what you pay for. Keep a keen eye out in the For Sale section, as you will find used items pop up every now and then and you can snap some up for a good price. Pretty sure there are some up for grabs right now!

-Exhaust
    This is the last piece of the I/H/E (Intake/Header/Exhaust) combination. As with the headers, it just depends on what your willing to spend and how fast you want to go. Also keep in mind that if it's your daily driver, you might want to stay away from something super-loud, it can drone and you'll probably regret it after a while (personal opinion). Also don't forget about upgrading your catalytic converter when you do the rest of your exhaust system. Dont qoute me on this, but i've heard that the JDM Type R cat is pretty good?

With some new engine management (Hondata) and a good tune (to get things working together and maximise gains) you should be looking at anywhere between 110-125Kw's at the wheels.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    if toda, mugen etc.. are out of your of your budget i recommend fgk ehaust, injen cai. With the headers i had mugen reps they did the job but yeh it's how much you have and willing to spend.

Well I got a friend selling a toda exhaust all the way through for $1400.. So I was thinking of buying that but didn't know if it was cheap or didn't know about toda if they were a good brand or not.. I put a injen intake on it a few days ago and vtec sounds amazing!! As for speed I don't want anything too fast maybe something to give a dc5 abit ofa run?? Yea n I don't want something too loud as I do drive it everyday n am on my p's so it will attract alot of attention from the cops.. Thanks steve I'm gna look into fgk tonigt when i get home from work thanks for the help!!

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Toda = Win.
    part time potato